Toribash
i know what you're talking about, and i have tried it. not that certain one, but i did try a dual-fan pad. it did help, but it would be far from enough to cool the system down to where it'd be safe to play high-end games, such as arma.
M I N I V A N
The rubbing seems to be on the side you are pressing from. For starters, try loosening the screws holding it just a little, perhaps they are too tight. If that doesn't work, take the whole thing off and see what could cause the noise (99% sure it's rubbing against something). You shouldn't use it at all in this state while the issue persists.
Last edited by ynvaser; Jul 17, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
The rubbing seems to be on the side you are pressing from. For starters, try loosening the screws holding it just a little, perhaps they are too tight. If that doesn't work, take the whole thing off and see what could cause the noise (99% sure it's rubbing against something). You shouldn't use it at all in this state while the issue persists.

it does indeed rub against the wall of the fan box itself. i took it out completely, blew away some dust, pressed the fan up and down to see where it hits the top or wall, and then placed it back into the laptop. i still have the same problem, it's just not un-avoidable each and every time. still happens a whole lot of times, though.
as of right now, the laptop is going back to the shop in a couple of days, monday or tuesday. i'll have a talk with the guy and see if i can make sure they can do something within three weeks. if they really can't get it done within three weeks, i'm still open for suggestions for those three weeks.
also, no screws are messing with it.

and oh, as i said, i took the fan out completely, and the actual box to the fan is completely welded, so it's no way to get the actual fan out of it.
M I N I V A N