Toribash
Originally Posted by zomfier View Post
That's kind of ridiculous. You should wait until 21 at least.

18 and 19 year olds aren't selected until all males in the 20-25 age group have been selected. So, close enough.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Okay. Now it's starting to make sense to me. They're reserves, not the ones fighting before the military.
Originally Posted by zomfier View Post
Okay. Now it's starting to make sense to me. They're reserves, not the ones fighting before the military.

Most countries have abolished conscription and child soldiers, but yes some countries do still practice these things.

Selective services isn't actually conscription, they merely track who could potentially be conscripted if the need arises.

These forces are not reserves as they are not actually trained.
In the United States and most other developed countries, there is no draft. You haven't needed to make a draft card since 1973. Since then, the military has been "All-Voluntary" meaning if you want to go to war, then you may. If not, you won't.

You are only required to fill these out in the event of a war in which the amount of armed forces is not enough to sustain.
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
In the United States and most other developed countries, there is no draft. You haven't needed to make a draft card since 1973. Since then, the military has been "All-Voluntary" meaning if you want to go to war, then you may. If not, you won't.

You are only required to fill these out in the event of a war in which the amount of armed forces is not enough to sustain.

"From 1948, under the Selective Service Act, all American men between the ages of 18 and 26 were required to register with a local draft board. In case of war, the able-bodied ones among them could be drafted to serve in the military."

"The Selective Service System is an independent agency of the United States government that maintains information on those potentially subject to military conscription."

I believe even in 1973 there were those who didn't go to war because they didn't want to.
In the case of a war where the armed forces are not enough, the SSS will simply begin selecting people as per the draft procedure - there's no need to get people to fill in draft cards any more.
With US spending 7kk or whatever the number is on, they won't need SO many people.
Going to jail is just stupid. It is something people might have not heard off and going to jail for such a reason is stupid. If you have to do so, they should let you know.

Sorry for a bit of discussion, but ye... :P
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan