Ranking
Originally Posted by Dodekus
@TehCaek Try to explain more about what gives people their music tastes.

It's not necessarily an easy way to explain, but I'll try.

It's the way they react to the music. Some might say at a hip-hop concert, woo this is awesome! Then they start cheering, shouting, souvenirs, and getting autographs. Maybe even buy it.

If they don't like it, they'll just ignore it, or diss it and go to their favorite.

It's the action that says it.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
Hmmm a good song..... has to be catchy nice beat nice rytham lol spelling fail,also dont say same stuff twise Bye Bye exsept for courus ~sasv~
Originally Posted by Dodekus View Post
@RedDevil You are totally right in one way and I felt that you kind of owned me there. However, with Q1 I mean more like: "Would people think that a song would be much better if it was made by a famous artist than if it was made by an unknown artist."

I will take a look at the wikipedia links you posted.

Answer to your "P.S": There are many questions that need to be answered by personal opinions. That makes discussion, right?

Ehh... again it's really personal. Some people, due to being easily influenced by the marketing (which has been mentioned already by m0o and War), will believe so. You also have to think that an unknown artist will have close to no followers, thus being less liked in numbers.

Answer to the answer to my P.S.: Yes, but in this case, the results are too ambiguous to reach a half-decent conclusion. But let's not get drawn on discussing this. :l
Q1: Would an extremely well made and original song get famous if it was created by an unkown artist?
It really depends on the listeners taste, and if it was any good or not. if they mess up and just scratch out notes on a guitar that make no sense, drop the sticks on the drums, etc. Then nobody would like it. It has to be good for people to like it, everyone knows that. but if it was original, it would have a greater chance of becoming known to us.

Q2: Can kind of bad songs get famous if the artist just is good on spreading them?
Ex.1) Justin Beiber.
Dodekus: What more do you need?

Elderly like the classical music because that was the music they heard at the time of their childhood. If a child is born here, 50 years later, they listen to modern and hip-hop like now.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!