Ranking
Could you give me an idea of how much is 500 KB? What does influence this size?

Amount of pixels, amount of colors, amount of frames
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Is something like this possible in a big avatar?

Well that image is 34kb at the moment. The way gifs work is by replacing frames or overlaying them. This means that file size is ultimately determined by the number of pixels that you want to animate.

Having cogs turn or eyes in that black part don't sue very much pixels, so they are quite cheap I would say. Having a bird fly across might use more pixels (since it has to go across the entire width of the image and it's about 20 high so 150x20) so be more expensive.

You could certainly do it, my avy for example (the cirno one) is 100x100 21 frames totally unoptimized - that's 210,000 pixels.

But you do need to know about gifs.
-----
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
I wouldn't worry about an optimize unless it's really needed, but could you link the gif so we could see it? Then we could help a bit more on how it would actually look in an avy. :| some images suck even with minor black spots and some are gorgeous.

Also, sorry Gorman, not trying to contradict you or anything. :<

NP, there's certainly no need to do something that doesn't need to be done :P

Btw I removed some of your black spots:

I dunno what that tool you used did but some of the frames have some weird looking shit (like that one frame where the tip of that hat flicks out and suddenly becomes this big black blob...)
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Feb 10, 2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff