Toribash
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
By looking at the second wip in game, it looks nice.

Good Job.

Watch the hair though.

Yea I'm just redrawing it over and over again right now, trying to find something I like.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
I use a larger image to draw on so the lines are smoother, when its done I downscale it to 512. A lot of good texture artist do this same thing.

Not really "lot". I usually draw a texture head on 512x512 or 512x1024 image size. Some software (like Paint SAI or Photoshop) that already has smoother line than GIMP program do if you have a drawing tablet.

2048x is too large three times than 512x. If downscale it to 512x, I can see some pixels on a texture head in-game. 1024x1024 is better enough image size to downscale to 512x without any pixels.

Paint SAI and Photoshop both ain't free programs.
Last edited by Chris; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:10 AM.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
You better using 512 size next time, using bigger size for a cartoon head is a bad idea, in my opinion. Its all blurry a bit
Make the eyes bigger.
bintangfal#9846
Originally Posted by Azion View Post
You better using 512 size next time, using bigger size for a cartoon head is a bad idea, in my opinion. Its all blurry a bit
Make the eyes bigger.

I guess I could try it again now that I know a lot more about drawing on the computer. If you have any other good tips for head texture art I wouldn't mind hearing them. I'm also working on other heads at the same time as this one. Finished one today and put it up for sale already.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •