Toribash
^Same when i lived in the us. Just moved to brazil and to a german school so i have to learn german and portuguese -_-
Portuguese is a pretty simple language, if you naturally speak a language derived from Latin. Sure, there are different or more complex grammatical structures, but once you learn how to use it, it will only get easier.
Originally Posted by factorX View Post
Learn latin, then talk to me.

I tried learning Latin, but it are the 6 cases of words that always throw me off.
I am currently just trying to learn Vietnamese, I heard it is a pretty easy language to learn.
Portuguese is a pretty simple language, if you naturally speak a language derived from Latin.

He is right there, it helps you a lot. For my Italian native language classmates it is quite easy to learn Latin, even if you can't compare the grammar.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
Yeah, because they don't have to learn every single word. Some are like Italian or even the same. But of course there is a big difference between learning a common speaked language and a death language. In Latin you just have to translate, in Portuguese you'll probably have to write your own texts etc.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
Well the first day is over it wasnt half bad. Kids are way different down here in brazil much more friendly. ^^