Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Mapping is fantastic.
how do you get the lines to meet up so smoothly on the torso joints? have you made some sort of proportions rig or do you just wing it and adjust them as you go along?

Hey Bendover.

I wish I could tell you there is an easy way.
What I do is I draw my sketch over a bare head template. Then I go look at it in TB, and then I can gauge my adjustments to the lines of the template. It is very tricky and time consuming. It seemed like the best way, but maybe other artists have better tricks.A simple solid color line would be much easier to do. One like this with many colors and patterns lining up was a real b#%h to do. Lol.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it very much.
evo
rock the world, one fight at a time
That is just an outstanding set, magnificent!

Experience

This is the best set inhave ever seen! How much are you going to sell it for.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
What an amazing set dude, but the joint tex in the back was absolutely perfect

Click here!

Originally Posted by evorocket View Post
Hey Bendover.

I wish I could tell you there is an easy way.
What I do is I draw my sketch over a bare head template. Then I go look at it in TB, and then I can gauge my adjustments to the lines of the template. It is very tricky and time consuming. It seemed like the best way, but maybe other artists have better tricks.A simple solid color line would be much easier to do. One like this with many colors and patterns lining up was a real b#%h to do. Lol.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it very much.
evo

nblx made a template which he used to line up the torso textures.
i guess you could find out how each joint scales to its neighbouring joints then you could find out how much larger or smaller a design needs to be scaled to line up with the next joint.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Hey all.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Originally Posted by jclark View Post
This is the best set inhave ever seen! How much are you going to sell it for.

My last set "The Executioner" sold for 375k and took 2-3 weeks to make because of its level of detail. This one took double that time. I don't know how much I'll end up getting for it, but it won't be cheap. It's available in my art/textures shop (Evorocket's skins) and you can see pics of some of my previous sets, most of which are sold, but some are still available, like "Killing Gears".

I'm glad to see other bashers like this style of set too.
-----
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
nblx made a template which he used to line up the torso textures.
i guess you could find out how each joint scales to its neighbouring joints then you could find out how much larger or smaller a design needs to be scaled to line up with the next joint.

Thx,
I'll make sure to look into that, and ill look up nblx to see if could get a copy of that template. This might be very helpful. Much appreciated.

evo
Last edited by evo; Mar 28, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
rock the world, one fight at a time