Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
What kind of question even is this..

It's finished when the artist says it's finished. If you feel like something is missing, it's probably not finished.

um... I think you're wrong.

I have heard plenty of people call my work unfinished when I believe its finished, and even heard some people tell me clockwork8 didn't finish anything, when to me, and him (apparently) they were finished.
-----
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
well im not an artist but i do have a passion for art as seen here

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=591651

i give opinions based on what id like to see on heads and what ive seen work for heads

Critique-ing art is not a privilege of artists, of course anyone can critique art... its meant to make everyone (not just artists) like it, is it not?

plus, as you are a collector, is it not your right to critique?

if people left critique of products to the producers, the free market would be fucked.

critique of product is actually often a privilege of the consumer.
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 29, 2017 at 02:59 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
um... I think you're wrong.

I have heard plenty of people call my work unfinished when I believe its finished, and even heard some people tell me clockwork8 didn't finish anything, when to me, and him (apparently) they were finished.

clockwork8 himself admitted he didnt finish a lot of his art
are you finished or just done working on it?

would you fix something or do you see something that you would have did better on an old head?

i would say very few of my things are finished
Sometimes a person isn't aware of what's lacking or what he needs to do in order to finish an artwork, until someone point it out or he recognizes it by herself, either by a learned lesson or a sudden unconsciousness alert. An art educated person is so self-aware of this that he have the right to call it finished, and in reality, it's really finished. Once a great friend of mine said that, when your art looks like it's 80% finished, then you still have 50% left to do.

---

another project I just started and might not finish this year, like my last one

wip 0 big imgs

what I plan to do:
fix lineart
adjust color balance (draw attention to relevant elements e.g.: the tattoo, her eyes)
paint relatively dark colors on her legs
think in what to do for my life

edit: I didn't forget about the head texture I was drawing!
Last edited by cappuccino; Dec 29, 2017 at 04:21 PM.
Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post

another project I just started and might not finish this year, like my last one

wip 0 big imgs

what I plan to do:
fix lineart
adjust color balance (draw attention to relevant elements e.g.: the tattoo, her eyes)
paint relatively dark colors on her legs
think in what to do for my life

edit: I didn't forget about the head texture I was drawing!

damn!

Very nice start!

really love your attention to detail plus the subtly of the detail... its not distracting, but supports the rest of the drawing really well

how long have you been drawing/how old r u?

:0
-----
+

edit:

i really have come to dislike anime because it seems too popular/kinda generic, but your piece seems really fresh somehow... love it!
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 29, 2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Critique-ing art is not a privilege of artists, of course anyone can critique art... its meant to make everyone (not just artists) like it, is it not?

plus, as you are a collector, is it not your right to critique?

if people left critique of products to the producers, the free market would be fucked.

critique of product is actually often a privilege of the consumer.

Constructive criticism is a privilege of experienced artists who can really help you throught your development.
I wont trust a "collector" of "art",
just because he doesnt know what he is saying.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
Constructive criticism is a privilege of experienced artists who can really help you throught your development.
I wont trust a "collector" of "art",
just because he doesnt know what he is saying.

i disagree...

+

tons of "experienced artists" like 13chillz + others have critiqued you in the same way as Wounder and you're still too stubborn/self righteous to do shit
i disagree...

+

tons of "experienced artists" like 13chillz + others have critiqued you in the same way as Wounder and you're still too stubborn/self righteous to do shit

I don't want to hear that coming from you.

I'm guilty as well.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
i disagree...

+

Silly you,
I dont listen to people below me, and I didnt ask for critiques as you dont see.
Reason why I dont post any more arts here.

preview

3D

look now, how is this not proportional to spike spiegel face?
I map based on overall proportions
and do not use the same mapping for all my heads as other people.
Last edited by dengue; Dec 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
Finished is when you're done with it, dont overthink it.
You tell us when its finished.

Originally Posted by dengue View Post
I dont listen to people below me

Well thats hilarious.
Last edited by BenDover; Dec 29, 2017 at 10:07 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-