Ranking
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You can carry with anyone. Yasuo is a shit champion.

You're kind of contradicting yourself. If you can carry with anyone, why is he a bad champion? What makes him bad? Please elaborate. I know of a few people who have hit diamond 1/masters playing only yasuo. If he's still a shit champ at that point I don't understand why people are still playing him. He's also seeing play in the competitive scene, albeit not much.
League of Legends NA: Locus
I disagree; Yasuo isn't shit. The wannabe's that play him and lose are.
However if you mean the Riven kind of shit, then I understand. But seriously, it's playing Master Yi with manual control ha
Ok, let's dissect yasuo playstyle. First, he's almost entirely dependant on a team being built around him. Two, he will still have no winning lane matchups anywhere. Three, he's an ad carry who isn't your bot adc, so you make it easier for the enemy team to itemize against you. Four, he's item dependant, so he can't fall behind or else he's useless. Five, his numbers have been heavily nerfed, now requires more than 2 items to hit 100% crit chance, and is generally outclassed in late game power to comparable late game carries. Lastly, in the tank meta, yasuo is working against the number one problem to crit based carries, overwhelming cc and health bars the size of russia and hard as diamond.

So ya, he's pretty mediocre considering the risks you're running for the possible reward.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
That's what draft pick is for...

He's amazing against some compositions. And there's always BC Bruiser Yasuo.
-----

The Adventures of Duo ADC Bot Lane

Last edited by SparChar; May 30, 2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Probably said this like a million times but I guess I'll say it again. Every champion is good, it just depends if you are good with the champ or not.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by ed View Post
Probably said this like a million times but I guess I'll say it again. Every champion is good, it just depends if you are good with the champ or not.

Doesn't mean a champ can't be objectively worse in comparison to another champion.
Your points about him being objectively worse than other late game carries is pretty subjective. I would put him pretty high up as far as late game carries go. Also, he does fine in the tank meta with the 50% arpen from his ult which is on a very short cd as well as just how efficient of an item botrk is on him. Maybe in the highest level of play there are better champions, sure, but he has a role he can fill on team comps. It may be a unique role, but he has a place in teamcomps. You also don't need to build a team around him if you build him for the splitpush/duel game in which he does very well.

There may be "better" champions that are more versatile at the highest level of play but calling him "shit" is pretty uninformed and close-minded.
That 50% armor pen is based on his current armor pen. If you don't have any armor pen, he doesn't get bonus armor pen.
Originally Posted by Locus View Post
Your points about him being objectively worse than other late game carries is pretty subjective. I would put him pretty high up as far as late game carries go. Also, he does fine in the tank meta with the 50% arpen from his ult which is on a very short cd as well as just how efficient of an item botrk is on him. Maybe in the highest level of play there are better champions, sure, but he has a role he can fill on team comps. It may be a unique role, but he has a place in teamcomps. You also don't need to build a team around him if you build him for the splitpush/duel game in which he does very well.

There may be "better" champions that are more versatile at the highest level of play but calling him "shit" is pretty uninformed and close-minded.

You wanna make a list of lategame carries? Lets make a list of lategame carries in order of best to worst, 6 items carry potential.

1st: Jax
2nd: Vayne
3rd: Jinx

power gap

4th: Caitlyn
5th: Fiora

121st: Gangplank
122nd: Zilean
123rd: Bard

power gap

124th: Yasuo(no way to survive cc, needs to be close to do his damage)
Hoss.
Hyde, that list is extremely subjective as to what you mean by carry potential. Is it 1v5? Is it 5v5 with protection from team? There are so many different avenues that could be taken.

And Oracle, sorry, you're misinformed. It's 50% arpen on the bonus armor anyone has who he hits with his ult. So not quite as good as 50% arpen, but for those tanks who stack tons of armor, it's definitely a relevant factor.

If he's really that useless, how did he just win a game in NALCS? Being played from the top lane no less.