Toribash
Originally Posted by alert242 View Post
Haha, I live in a very liberal area. I'm well aware that in other areas of the country guns are much, much more common, but one of the biggest things that is shaking the country is that children in school are being shot, killed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even around the conservative/southern areas guns aren't supposed to be allowed in schools, concealed or not? Do you think that having concealed weapons is tempting to have something done with it-- self defense or something evil?

Regarding the removal of guns-- I don't believe this is true at all. In fact, if it were, it would take probably well over a century to take the steps necessary, and keep them mild enough not to anger over half the country to completely ban guns in public. However, I think that many parts of the gun package are common sense and extremely necessary in this country, especially with all the gun violence happening recently. But I do get your point, and by not living in the same area as you where guns are much more common I feel like I'm missing out on a completely different perspective, like a totally different way of life, because where I live guns are extremely dangerous weapons-- last resort and shouldn't be pointed at other humans unless in the direst of situations. Interesting how we can live in the same country and be worlds apart.

--

@Torikill: There are a ton of shootings that are happening. Stupid accidents, such as a grandfather shooting his daughter with a shotgun because he thought she was a thief when she was coming in from smoking outside, to cases like the Aurora incident where a man went into a movie theater and opened fire on many civilians.

Also, I heard earlier about what happened with the club. It's interesting how the band and manager made it out alive and how the incident coincidentally occurred when they doubled the max person capacity that day. Maybe this might start all new types of debates in Brazil, such as building requirements, pyrotechnic bans and whatnot. Be sure to keep us updated.

For your first point, I'd like you to consider in which places we are always attacked. It's not a police office or gun club, it's a school, or airport, or a theater that doesn't allow guns. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robert-farago/cinemark-theaters-no-legal-firearms-allowed/
This is not a new trend. You hit your enemy where they cannot defend themselves. No civilian carrying concealed has ever committed a mass shooting, either. Every shooting has been by people who didn't have a license to carry concealed, who didn't attempt to hide their firearms.

With regards to the difference in area, you are completely correct, but not as much as you think. Guns are just as scary, just as dire, and just as last-resort here. But, the different is mostly that we have them, and make sure that our enemies know that we have them. I'm sure plenty of people in your area carry concealed ( http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34714389/n...sed-pack-heat/ ) but you just don't see it, or expect it due to the political nature of the situation.

There are phone calls that I have heard, in my area, of a man calling police on his phone. He was beaten mostly to death by a gang of thugs, who proceeded to rape and kill his girlfriend. This is a suburban area, semi historic and a generally decent place to live. In this mid-class area, with this distraught man bleeding into the phone, as a woman died, it took the police 15 minutes to respond.

Blame that on whatever you want, but I do not plan on having some miscommunication cause myself or anyone else to die without a fight.
Last edited by TheJFX; Jan 31, 2013 at 04:02 AM.
C3 died. DP died. C3 died again
Every clan i join dies :C
Regarding the removal of guns-- I don't believe this is true at all. In fact, if it were, it would take probably well over a century to take the steps necessary, and keep them mild enough not to anger over half the country to completely ban guns in public. However, I think that many parts of the gun package are common sense and extremely necessary in this country, especially with all the gun violence happening recently. But I do get your point, and by not living in the same area as you where guns are much more common I feel like I'm missing out on a completely different perspective, like a totally different way of life, because where I live guns are extremely dangerous weapons-- last resort and shouldn't be pointed at other humans unless in the direst of situations. Interesting how we can live in the same country and be worlds apart.

--

@Torikill: There are a ton of shootings that are happening. Stupid accidents, such as a grandfather shooting his daughter with a shotgun because he thought she was a thief when she was coming in from smoking outside, to cases like the Aurora incident where a man went into a movie theater and opened fire on many civilians.

Also, I heard earlier about what happened with the club. It's interesting how the band and manager made it out alive and how the incident coincidentally occurred when they doubled the max person capacity that day. Maybe this might start all new types of debates in Brazil, such as building requirements, pyrotechnic bans and whatnot. Be sure to keep us updated.

For me, that's totally strange, since most of the brazilian territory were conquested by secretly breaking agreements with Spain and negociating territories. Few states really needed 12 gauge in the face. Only the Paraguay's War, who nobody took nothing and Brazil got a big debt with England. Things are ok today.

But speaking of USA, I studied USA's history on school last year. It features rebellions, conquests, march to the west... Each of em with guns involved. So, well, guns are part of USA. Imagine that one day you wake and the president says: No more weapons. I think there might be a new Civil War if the weapons were banned.

And for those who are interested about the nightclub that burned up...

Club

"N00b clap works too properly for being called a n00b move."
Originally Posted by torikill10 View Post
For me, that's totally strange, since most of the brazilian territory were conquested by secretly breaking agreements with Spain and negociating territories. Few states really needed 12 gauge in the face. Only the Paraguay's War, who nobody took nothing and Brazil got a big debt with England. Things are ok today.

But speaking of USA, I studied USA's history on school last year. It features rebellions, conquests, march to the west... Each of em with guns involved. So, well, guns are part of USA. Imagine that one day you wake and the president says: No more weapons. I think there might be a new Civil War if the weapons were banned.

And for those who are interested about the nightclub that burned up...

Club

Wow that was disturbing...

but where i live (Wisconsin) gun problems are getting worse, recently at my school we had 2 lock downs during school hours for the entire campus. the first issue was a threat involving someone saying "imma cap his ass wit my 9mm" then the second was a supposed shooting noise coming from the north side of campus and they wouldn't let us leave until the area was clear.

In my opinion the lock downs were unnecessary because the first one a teacher overheard two kids talking about black-ops 2, the second one was probably a kid with a cap gun, witch a lot of people in Wisconsin have, (including me)
but anyway i think that they should keep tabs on guns (maybe a small gps) and make sure they don't get too close to schools (unless its police or something), but if its not, the police should be notified.
Originally Posted by PaidToKIll View Post
Wow that was disturbing...

but where i live (Wisconsin) gun problems are getting worse, recently at my school we had 2 lock downs during school hours for the entire campus. the first issue was a threat involving someone saying "imma cap his ass wit my 9mm" then the second was a supposed shooting noise coming from the north side of campus and they wouldn't let us leave until the area was clear.

In my opinion the lock downs were unnecessary because the first one a teacher overheard two kids talking about black-ops 2, the second one was probably a kid with a cap gun, witch a lot of people in Wisconsin have, (including me)
but anyway i think that they should keep tabs on guns (maybe a small gps) and make sure they don't get too close to schools (unless its police or something), but if its not, the police should be notified.

o.o'
You should put a small gps on every gun.
To make sure they don't get near schools.

You didn't read the other posts, :P
@JFX: well alert said

New topic. c:

What do you guys think about the recent shootings?.

and by shootings i thought of the school shootings, so sorry if i was off-topic that's just what i thought he meant
Originally Posted by PaidToKIll View Post
@JFX: well alert said

and by shootings i thought of the school shootings, so sorry if i was off-topic that's just what i thought he meant

No, you're right, that's what it's about...
But we were discussing possible solutions...
A 300$ gps chip on every one of 310 million guns, which you don't who owns them, or how many, is kinda... impossible.
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

New discussion: Do you guys think there are aliens?
"I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am"[Death Plague] "Light the fuses, BITCHES!"
In probability theory, assuming space is infinite, there are not only aliens, but exact copies of us out there somewhere.