Toribash
i'm not too worried about pve, thankful for the info on poison buildup

about the amount of damage dealt, i think that running poison as supplementary to physical is the way to go. right now my poison caestus are +4 while my physical are +7. once someone afflicted with poison, the damage stacks up like a bitch
it's also really useful against estus chugging havelbros

right now my str/dex is like 40/31 or something, once i get dex to 40 i'll up my end to maybe 25, then focus on vigor or adp
also, i forgot to mention i'm using ring of blades (+1 currently) which really really really really really is important for caestus builds
Last edited by keggy; Aug 7, 2014 at 05:03 PM.
im here to ruin your fun
Well how many hits does it take for you to apply poison, and how much damage would this deal if you were using your physical instead? For me if I was just using physical they would die faster every time, so I stick with physical.

Yeah ring of blades is neat. Too bad +2 is so far into the game, but I guess you are going for the 1m souls method so it's not long till you get it! Do you use silver+2 too? You get that from +mytha, so it's pretty easy. Stam ring +2 is easy to get aswell (although you have to fight the glitchy chariot on +). What's your other rings?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
where do i get the stam ring +2 again? and is it ng+ only or can i use an ascetic? i'm trying to play the game as well as i can without visiting the wiki

also, about the damage output, i find that people tend to either give up or play poorly when they're poisoned and so a poison infliction is almost always a sure win. it only takes about 6 hits if i can get them in a stunlock and they dont have tons of armor and resists
im here to ruin your fun
Wouldn't you usually kill them straight up in 6 hits anyway? If you can land 6 you can probably land 10. But yeah I guess.

stam+2

You can use aesthetics to get the better rings.
cool, thanks

one last question, does poison buildup for imbued weapons increase with reinforcement, or is that just damage
Last edited by keggy; Aug 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM.
im here to ruin your fun
I've heard a lot of sketchy and conflicting things about how poison works, so here's what I know about it in pvp.

Poison damage on weapons isn't the damage of poison, it's the buildup. All poison deals 1050 damage over some amount of seconds (I forget how long), and toxic damages at the same rate but lasts much longer.

As far as I know there's no way to increase the damage dealt, you just increase the buildup rate. Likewise poison resist reduces buildup, it doesn't reduce the damage taken.
great, thank you. all i needed to know. im still sticking with poison, because honestly i just love the mind games. pressure is the best weapon
im here to ruin your fun
Poison spotted whip is double the poison of poison manslayer (143 vs 287)...
That means 694 vs 406 poison buildup per strike.

Not sure exactly how channelers works with crest + poison but it's potentially 1200 buildup if you get crest + poison bonus on each hit.
I know that spotted whip builds up more poison but manslayers are more viable
in battle.

And channelers trident is funny too.

fuck