Toribash
it took me one bored day and about 6 months afterwards to get good !

i tried toribash in 2014, but got bored bc i was bad(green belt i think)... i still had it laying around on my desktop tho, and one day i was so bored i just clicked it again... NOW TORIBASH STOLE MY LIFE ;-; I NEED TO DEFEAT THE EVIL TORI TO GET IT BACK!!!!
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
But all he wants are friends, stop running away and give that man a hug <3 #nohomo

IF you say so... xD
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, and when I play I will kill you. :) See you then <3
Originally Posted by Thronior View Post
that reminds me a bit of toribash... at first you suck, there are no exceptions. but you try and try again, explore every single joint, until one day, you're good!
What most people do tho, is simply giving up because learning that stuff seems impossible.

"until one day, you're good!".. and don't have to think about your moves.
Form to leave form.

It's kind of a complex idea. You learn form, to leave form.
for example, in anything, and I mean, this philosophy can be applied to anything:
You learn the basics, and you get them really imprinted.. so you don't have to think about them, your subconscious does that automatically.
Form, to leave form.

Applies nicely to Toribash as well. You have to understand everything, but not too quickly. You have to learn to interconnect the information.
Then when you are truly good, and in a state of flow (no wapow pun intended), which is basically what most people describe as "The Zone", your subconscious does most of the boring work, so you can look at the bigger picture.

All of this is written in Josh Waitzkin's 'The Art of Learning'. The guy is a legend, really. He went from a chess prodigy, to the Tai Chi Push Hands World Champion, and the guy's smart enough to break down how his mind processes, which, at a professional level.. it's extremely hard to do.
It's a great read, man. Really detailed and you can't understand all of it in one read.
Originally Posted by iSea View Post
It took me 2 years to get even half decent at this game xD.

I really, really can only remember you as someone saying he is new and has never played the game before.
You probably don't remember, and if you do, you'll deny you ever said it

but you did mate, and i feel pity towards you lol
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
"until one day, you're good!".. and don't have to think about your moves.
Form to leave form.

It's kind of a complex idea. You learn form, to leave form.
for example, in anything, and I mean, this philosophy can be applied to anything:
You learn the basics, and you get them really imprinted.. so you don't have to think about them, your subconscious does that automatically.
Form, to leave form.

Applies nicely to Toribash as well. You have to understand everything, but not too quickly. You have to learn to interconnect the information.
Then when you are truly good, and in a state of flow (no wapow pun intended), which is basically what most people describe as "The Zone", your subconscious does most of the boring work, so you can look at the bigger picture.

All of this is written in Josh Waitzkin's 'The Art of Learning'. The guy is a legend, really. He went from a chess prodigy, to the Tai Chi Push Hands World Champion, and the guy's smart enough to break down how his mind processes, which, at a professional level.. it's extremely hard to do.
It's a great read, man. Really detailed and you can't understand all of it in one read.

I really, really can only remember you as someone saying he is new and has never played the game before.
You probably don't remember, and if you do, you'll deny you ever said it

but you did mate, and i feel pity towards you lol

I remember saying it lol, but after a while I told everyone who I was xD.
See look
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...564326&page=86
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, and when I play I will kill you. :) See you then <3
I am very content with life currently.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I am very content with life currently.

Why?