Toribash
View Poll Results: What should be done to #nitro ?
Drop it.
5 Votes / 55.56%
Let it be.
3 Votes / 33.33%
What is IRC ?
1 Votes / 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Any recommendations for reading out of any of those books?

P.S. I used to love 39 clues, but stopped reading it because it was hard to follow.
Last edited by Mater5001; Mar 27, 2015 at 10:21 PM.
I hate all of you.
yep
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Ok, I am an avid book reader. I used to read more, but I still read a bit.

Here's a few book series that you should check out, mind you- I have a strange book taste.

Redwall Series (by Brian Jaques): This one's a little out there, but don't judge them until you read them. There's like, 25 books or something (like, 350-450 pages long each). They're about mice/otters/badgers/squirrels/moles/hares (and the evil ones; rats/weasels/stouts/ferrets etc.) and plenty of other animals. Many of the stories centre around Redwall Abbey (a sandstone palace) or Salamandastron (a giant mountain, home to badger lords). I love Brian's writing style, and the description is fantastic. I read them quite a while ago, but I still remember each of them vividly. Fantastic series.

The Underland Chronicles: This one is also pretty strange (you've been warned). A kid named Gregor follows his baby sister, Boots (actually named like, Margaret) down a heating vent, and falls into the underworld (I know it's corny). He falls down into the underworld and learns that there are colonies of mutated animals living beneath. The white skinned, purple eyed humans that live there in the palace of Regalia live among bats (who they ride), cockroaches, and spiders (among others). Also, he learns of a chain of prophecies centered around he and his sister. Awesome series, which is the only other series written by Suzanne Collins (who wrote the Hunger Games). Really touching all the way through, and draws heavy references to The Holocaust later on. I got REALLY attached to characters in this series.

Divergent trilogy: I know the movies sucked, but the books are amazing. These books are great, and I felt pretty awesome that I read them before the movies were even announced #bookhipster. Follow Tris Prior, a 16(?) year old girl who lives in the faction of the Abnegation (those who reject vanity and selfishness). On choosing day, she must decide if she stays with her faction of birth, or transfers factions and risk everything. First book: AMAZING, Second book: Great! Third book: meh.....

Other awesome books (that I won't go into detail in lol): Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Game of thrones (such a long haul though),

the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series: a little bit of detail from wikipedia:

a fourteen-year-old nameless boy, who at the beginning has no parents and is a mute. He is apparently running away from his life as an abused orphan, and accidentally slips on the Flying Dutchman as a stowaway. He is found and gains the nickname Neb. A wandering dog finds his way to the ship, and Neb befriends the dog.The ship sails to the tip of South America, the treacherous Cape Horn, and unsuccessfully attempts to pass three times. After the third attempt, Captain Vanderdecken curses the Lord for smiting him, and an angel descends from heaven and curses the ship to sail the seas for eternity.

The angel, however, realizes Nebuchadnezzar and Denmark are pure of heart and not part of the motley, now undead, crew, and has them swept overboard by a great wave. S/he blesses them, telling them to walk the earth forever, wise and forever young, to give kindness and guidance wherever they go. Only; the dog and the boy can communicate through thought.

It's a really cool series. I can't remember much of the second book, but I remember the first and third a lot. They were great.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Uh... When did I say that?
Anyway I realized today I can't duel.
Not that I lose all the time.
I just feel bad taking all of their TC
HomeyKrogerSage || Saevus || SoftnJuicy ; Amateur Programmer && US AF Hydraulics && Dad