Toribash
i downloaded new gedosato and at the moment i use 6k resolution downsampling to 2k

it does not solve the problem completely, but it's better

here how it looks like

a bit sharper

tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
i use 6k resolution downsampling to 2k

>I hate blur
>downsamples
wut.

Do you just want to flog your GPU or something?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
>I hate blur
>downsamples
wut.

Do you just want to flog your GPU or something?

it have 3gb vram, so it seems enough for 6k downsampling, fps drop is not THAT big, not stable 60, but clearly something like 50-55
tell me about aikido
But why would you ever want to downsample?

It looks worse. Rendering at 1:1 will always be better because filtering sucks.
But why would you ever want to downsample?

It looks worse. Rendering at 1:1 will always be better because filtering sucks.

the reason is simple: dks2 is resolution locked to 720p, just like dark souls 1 was. while in ds 1 you could change rendering resolution (dsfix by durante), in dark souls 2 for some reason you can't (atleast i didn't found anything like dsfix for dks2), so the idea behind whole gedosato is that you render default blurry as fuck textures on uber high resolution and then downsample/downscale it to your actual resolution, and in the end getting more sharp texture quality.

when you are using 1x1 you get pretty much the same soap

suggested ratio is 1x3, so in my case its 2k x 6k.

it seems like the only way to decrease blur, since all dks2 textures are blurry and low-res
tell me about aikido
From isn't good at making games...

more like plain lazy and careless towards pc platform
tell me about aikido
Rendering at 720p isn't good even for consoles tho.

I don't think I've even seen a 720p display in the last decade.
lol snake you're spoiled as hell, i can hardly keep ds2 running at 60fps on the lowest settings yet i still manage to have fun because graphics don't matter at all

not even a little bit, i can't believe you're so stuck up you can't play a game just because the graphics arent up to your standards

also, running dual poison caestus which is really fun in pvp, because when i land the status effect i can switch to physical caestus and deal some shit tons of damage. also using Toxic Mist, although it's really hard to pull off

is it worth it to bring dex up to 50 just so i can increase my poison damage? and is there any point to bringing my vigor past 10? i've made it to iron keep pretty well enough without hardly leveling up vig
Last edited by keggy; Aug 6, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
im here to ruin your fun
I ran some poison work claws (lol) in pvp for fun but it takes forever to build up effects. Even using dual poison whips (the one that's already poison) it feels so flow. Similarly using bleed claws. Maybe everyone is just stacking the shit out of resists.
I'm yet to be in a situation where bleed/poison does more than physical/elemental. Maybe against bosses but I'm not sure how it works against bosses.

Vigor is only for pvp, you don't need it for pve. For pve just stack whatever will make you deal the most damage.

I wouldn't recommend stacking dex just for poison since it only increases the rate you apply. If you are using cestus go 40/40 str/dex then 50/50 str/dex and after that maybe work on adaptability, endurance, etc, then push up past the soft caps.

Honestly stats don't matter for pve other than: being able to equip and carry your items/spells, and dealing MORE DAMAGE.
The other day I cleared up to and including iron keep with a pure adaptability deprived. I'm 2 handing a raw club and wearing tseldora. I only hit 300's against the mobs around there, so really it doesn't matter what stats, go pure attunement and it may take a bit longer to kill bosses, but you can definitel do it.