Ranking
Ana is a very strong off healer, but she requires decent communication to pull off to her full potential. With smart play, she can essentially make any 6v6 a 6v5 for a couple seconds, which is stupid powerful for an ability with only ~15 second cd, and she will hard counter other healers with good use of her grenade.

Even if she didn't have her ult, I would say she's still incredibly powerful with some coordination.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Ana is a very strong off healer, but she requires decent communication to pull off to her full potential. With smart play, she can essentially make any 6v6 a 6v5 for a couple seconds, which is stupid powerful for an ability with only ~15 second cd, and she will hard counter other healers with good use of her grenade.

Even if she didn't have her ult, I would say she's still incredibly powerful with some coordination.

well i guess she's just completely useless at low level because there is no communication and they just use random ults when team isn't even together
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by dank View Post
is it just me or is ana really weak in this game?
the only useful ana i ever met was an ana that focused on ulting bastion and healing him so he could shred the entire enemy team

she relies too much on her teams positioning to be useful, when you got team work she is pretty strong tbh. In quickmatches with random people, not so much.
ana ult on reinhardt tho
it's hammer time

either way i really like hanzo, got a pretty good play with him aswell in competitive

got another right after posting this lmao

Last edited by dank; Aug 4, 2016 at 01:52 AM.
dreamy suicide act
Best support in the game is still Lucio. Even with Zenyatta being buffed, the AoE utility and heal of Lucio is much more valuable in a coordinated team.

The supports are segregated into 2 categories, dedicated healers and off healers (Symmetra is arguably not a support). Zenyatta and Ana are considered off healers because their heals are somewhat weak compared to the others and bring strong utility or damage to compensate. Mercy and Lucio are considered dedicated healers because they will do little outside of heal their team, with some large aoe utility at their disposal.

You can run effective team comps at high levels without off healers, but you need at least 1 dedicated healer in high level play. It's why Lucio and Mercy are such consistent picks.
Zenyatta's ult only heals for 300 a second in it's area of influence. People still die with it up, it just requires instant burst like a Junkrat or D.Va ult. Only Zenyatta is invulnerable during it. It's strong, but it has weaknesses. Furthermore, Zenyatta's orb of healing does significantly less healing than any other heal in the game (even Soldier's biotic field heals faster than the orb) and it only heals 1 target at a time, at the sole benefit of only needing to maintain line of sight to keep it up.

If you're all dying to a Bastion or Torbjorn in the time it takes either of them to take out a Lucio ult shield, you're probably all bad. Both of those characters are so terrible they're pretty much never picked except in very specific instances of maps in higher level play.

The reason Lucio is the best support in the game isn't just the fact he has a passive aoe heal or strong aoe shield, although both contribute to the assessment, but that his speed boost can let his team disengage and reengage at will. If a Zenyatta ults to push an objective, Lucio will just speed boost his team out, wait until the ult ends, and then they'll all reengage. And with roles reversed, Lucio's team pushes in, Zenyatta ults, Lucio disengages team with speed boost, ult was wasted.
Quit comparing heroes with just their ults. You only get it like 3-5 times a game, maybe more depending on length. Overall, lucios abilities are a lot more useful than having a squishy damage dealer with poor healing capabilities.
Zenyatta is fun but he's definitely not a pick to play if you want to win consistently.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18