Ranking
So after beating the game a few times, i decided to give into quirky shit. For example, i have made a character called lumpysolo that goes around shooting shit with a minigun, always drunk on some alcohol.
h
Originally Posted by Nugeten View Post
Fallout feels much more like an FPS
The combat is always "bad" in Bethesda games for some reason for me. But Fallout 4 really nailed it, it feels more playable.
I like the balance much more and I use VATS much less now

Fallout 4 definitely has the best combat out of all the fps Fallout games, Especially if you get the realistic survival damage mod

I'm a little disappointed in the under-saturation of places to discover and stuff, it seems like when I walk around in Fo4 I only see 1 location on the 'minimap' while in Fo3 it seems in most places there are at least 4-5
FIRED UP
There's less listed places, but there's a lot of small little shacks and stuff scattered around that make wandering quite enjoyable. Carry a recon scope just for the explicit purpose of scouting areas to make sure I don't accidentally shoot friendlies when wandering.

Found a trader living in a shack with a bunch of cats and cat posters. Couldn't travel for the next minute or two as I was too busy trying to climb back into my chair.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
The house building looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO good i wish i had a powerful enough PC to run this game ... buy alcohol or save for a new PC D:
Settlement management is alright. Building is severely limited by the necessity of actually building stuff, and building something custom is often a pain of figuring out how all the pieces work. A building with an indentation needs to use a corner wall, as two walls cannot meet at an indentation, but they can meet at a regular corner.

And don't get me started on having enough generators to actually build proper electrical systems. Custom building is not intuitive, but circuits in this game are borderline impossible to understand past simply connecting things to generators directly. Televisions require power, but they don't need to be hooked up to a power source, or actually require any units of power, they just somehow induct energy from nearby generators. Meanwhile, a spotlight turret requires 2 units of power, but other forms of light require no units of power and just close proximity to a generator, yet they serve the same purpose of making the detection of enemies easier for npcs and turrets, and cost significantly less than a spotlight, which only produces a measly 2 defense. You could build a laser turret with the same energy requirement and get more return on defense.

I've built 3 mega fortress settlements already, and I'm getting ready to setup for a fourth, and I'm tempted to just make it a giant metal tower that looms as high as it can, because it's just not practical to build anything custom that looks good unless you're willing to sit down and get aggravated at discovering new limitations that prevent you from building your super awesome fortress of doom.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle
Found a trader living in a shack with a bunch of cats and cat posters.

Wanted to buy a cat
I was actually disappointed when I found out they didn't have full legendary armor sets, as i'm now wearing the overseer arm pads and the destroyer chest plate.
After playing more of it, I'm kind of over the infinitely generating sidequests. Because there's some bug that breaks the game whenever I go in a certain area (it hasn't been patched on PS4 yet), I can't progress with a few missions (like the BOS airship one), so I've just been doing all the sidequests I could find. After doing 20 or so minutemen settlement quests and a heap of railword and BOS quests, I realised they would never end. It's kind of annoying for someone who likes having a clean quest log. On the upside, I gained levels pretty quickly (lvl 47 now). I think once I hit 50 I'm going to focus on the Institute questline that I've been avoiding and just finish the game. I couldn't be bothered waiting another week or more for the patch to fix the other sidequests.
Originally Posted by duck View Post
So after beating the game a few times, i decided to give into quirky shit. For example, i have made a character called lumpysolo that goes around shooting shit with a minigun, always drunk on some alcohol.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just bought Fallout 4. Any tips on how to get copper easily?