Toribash
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
In response to this I say everyone in Jolly Roger is the best player in tb.

a prime example of an interesting phenomenon where if you say something often enough, no matter how ridiculous, you may actually start to believe it.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
/me suddenly notices another "who'sthebesttbplayer" thread
When it comes to SP the best one at realistic replays atm is totally Oblivion and there's not really much discussion to it. But it's quite much impossible(or atleast very hard) to pick one SP player to call the best overall.

And talking about MP(not counting sparrings tho as it's a whole other story) i doubt there's really any best players now, MP is just getting so easy that it's becoming more and more a matter of luck rather than skill as there're too much players of almost the same skill level. It would probably be possible to name a couple of best players back in early 2010 and before, when there were less players and less good players in tb, but not now.

PS: I'm really flattered to have been named here a couple of times by the way, lol(even tho it's quite funny that someone put me as the "best sp player" when i'm more of an mp person and i can't even compare myself to some of the sp-players).

PSS: err, didn't expect this post to be that large :s
Last edited by leyz; Jul 7, 2011 at 05:54 AM.
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
leyz suddenly notices another "who'sthebesttbplayer" thread
When it comes to SP the best one at realistic replays atm is totally Oblivion and there's not really much discussion to it. But it's quite much impossible(or atleast very hard) to pick one SP player to call the best overall.

And talking about MP(not counting sparrings tho as it's a whole other story) i doubt there's really any best players now, MP is just getting so easy that it's becoming more and more a matter of luck rather than skill as there're too much players of almost the same skill level. It would probably be possible to name a couple of best players back in early 2010 and before, when there were less players and less good players in tb, but not now.

PS: I'm really flattered to have been named here a couple of times by the way, lol(even tho it's quite funny that someone put me as the "best sp player" when i'm more of an mp person and i can't even compare myself to some of the sp-players).

PSS: err, didn't expect this post to be that large :s

That basicly sums this thread up.
Well said leyz.
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
a prime example of an interesting phenomenon where if you say something often enough, no matter how ridiculous, you may actually start to believe it.

People have actually come to me ingame thinking i'm the best, because of a joke we were pulling in this thread.
I R IRONMAN
There is a player. A few know him. But his name is, wonder what, it's JUMBO. The JUMBO = The God. The God here in Toribash. No ishi, no hampa, no TiCux, Hector or anybody else - no nothing! He, JUMBO, is the best player there was and the best there will ever be. He's complete - like a robot. He knows all the moves and he can predict everybody. He has won the biggest duels there were in Toribash. But nobody knows his identity, some think he's a ghost or a greater life-form. He used different accounts - each time new one - he has the TC, all. He makes rich people play with him and always wins and collects millions of TC in a day. And nobody knows where they go - where they disappear. He should own more than 1 Billion TC now, but he hasn't sold any of them. He just shows up - takes money, and leave nothing - just poor people shattered with no money.

I know, because once I lost all of my money to JUMBO. More than a million. I was damn good back then but he just killed me and left with me having nothing. Like an uncontrollable power - like aphenomenon. And he was that what made me leave Toribash for all this time.
Last edited by Markofo; Jul 7, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Originally Posted by Markofo View Post
There is a player. A few know him. But his name is, wonder what, it's JUMBO. The JUMBO = The God. The God here in Toribash. No ishi, no hampa, no TiCux, Hector or anybody else - no nothing! He, JUMBO, is the best player there was and the best there will ever be. He's complete - like a robot. He knows all the moves and he can predict everybody. He has won the biggest duels there were in Toribash. But nobody knows his identity, some think he's a ghost or a greater life-form. He used different accounts - each time new one - he has the TC, all. He makes rich people play with him and always wins and collects millions of TC in a day. And nobody knows where they go - where they disappear. He should own more than 1 Billion TC now, but he hasn't sold any of them. He just shows up - takes money, and leave nothing - just poor people shattered with no money.

I know, because once I lost all of my money to JUMBO. More than a million. I was damn good back then but he just killed me and left with me having nothing. Like an uncontrollable power - like aphenomenon. And he was that what made me leave Toribash for all this time.

I once had a long duel with JUMBO and he ended up winning 15-0
I R IRONMAN