Ranking
hi
I am not sure about this because I know some people can make this look good.I made a replay where I go for 2 boom hits one after another. But I feel like the last one was rushed??

I dunno, it's hard to explain but does that look good when you go for another hit like that?

reference is after frame 201

Once again thanks to anyone that can help... I just wanna get better at this damn game.. lol
Attached Files
Omega-Possesive Behaviors.rpl (329.4 KB, 19 views)
|SP||MP|
Hello replay makers,
Any tips or suggestions on how to control a kick to look powerful without moving uke too far away? immediatly contracting the knee often makes it look a bit weird and weak...
I'll leave a replay as an example as I still don't know what to do to follow up the first kick :c
Attached Files
WIP.rpl (52.9 KB, 18 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Invaders Must Die
[No-Mercy]
This is a common issue.

All I can say is that you often need to plan against this. In your case, this kick is kicking basically straight forward so that's the direction uke goes. This can be remedied by kicking in a more upwards direction, but yeah it seems that you can't really do much to reduce uke's movement away after the dismemberments have happened. One idea I have for this replay in particular is that since your foot is already close to uke, you might be able to sort of hook uke's arm and stop him from moving too far away.

I attached a rough idea of how you could do that. Obviously you'd want it to look a bit nicer than this.
Attached Files
ex.rpl (61.2 KB, 26 views)
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
how can i get boom hit with the second kick? if possible ofc
Attached Files
wip.rpl (131.8 KB, 17 views)
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
what do u expect
What do u expect in an ormo member, such as things like smoothness because i'm very interested in replay making and not trying to brag or anything i think im' actualy pretty good so i'm planning to apply later on. Which is why i ask this question.
Originally Posted by TBGlitch View Post
What do u expect in an ormo member, such as things like smoothness because i'm very interested in replay making and not trying to brag or anything i think im' actualy pretty good so i'm planning to apply later on. Which is why i ask this question.

we want people to have good, interesting replay ideas and we want them to be able to turn those ideas into reality with good execution. your application should also be somewhat varied (you shouldnt apply with 3 splitcaps, 1 splitcap/decap and 2 madmans is somewhat the norm if you are a ukebashing focused replaymaker. manips are also good)
-----
Originally Posted by AlphaN00b View Post
how can i get boom hit with the second kick? if possible ofc

this is a pretty good setup imo, you just need to try and extend the knee at different frames and mess with the ankle. when the foot ghosts through the chest, thats what you want. ill try to edit the replay a bit to see how easy/hard it is
Last edited by pusga; Jul 3, 2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
yo ormo, I have a question

I linked a replay down below, I think I had a good idea going, but the execution was far from standards imo. any tips on what I need to do(such as relax more, etc.)
Cheers
Attached Files
neinsVII.rpl (157.7 KB, 26 views)
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by 2WC View Post
yo ormo, I have a question

I linked a replay down below, I think I had a good idea going, but the execution was far from standards imo. any tips on what I need to do(such as relax more, etc.)
Cheers

the opener is awesome

execution looks pretty good until you put your arm on the ground at around 270 imo. the lift with the arm looks a bit weird because the other arm does not move at all. i suggest slightly extending the pec shortly the split, because you have to quickly extend the elbow and pec later to get rotation for that grab on the abs. by extending the pec a bit,, you are already getting ready for that, and dont have to make such an abrupt arm swing.

im sure you would agree with me that the quick knee extension and contraction at 235 is not very pretty

the chest kick looked "difficult" for your tori because of how you struggled to get a good position. your right leg is probably the cause, because when your knee touched uke's leg, it made your foot slip. after that you lost your contact with the ground for a few frames and therefore it was hard to use that same leg to push yourself, which made the kick a bit weaker (and also made you almost fall, which is why you had to extend the knee to jump over uke's legs)

honestly there is really nothing you can do to specifically improve your execution besides practice more. sounds like a really dismissive thing to say but its true best way to start making good replays is to not be afraid to make a load of bad replays first

also i do think youre getting a lot better, for the record
Last edited by pusga; Jul 3, 2015 at 05:25 PM.
oh yeah
well i didn't get a boom but i got the set up for it thx pusga
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .