Toribash
Seeds in barren fields sounds pretty okay, I'll give them some more attention in a year or so when I'm done with previous positions of my "list of bands I need to check out".

Hellhammer etc: I'm not a fan of oldschool stuff really, I'm not into bands like Slayer, Venom, Bathory etc. I give them a listen once in a blue moon, but that's about it. Maybe Death is an exception.

Talking of countries and BM, it's hard to say really, there are great black metal bands all over the fucking place, I couldn't even decide which country would be my fav.
But talking bm and metal in general, I think Greece dominated this year.

Might be my fav album of the year as of now.

Also, I have mixed feelings about Shining, I listen to shining from time to time but it's not that great in my eyes. I like my music hyperactive and they often take things slowly, and it makes listening to some songs a boring and painful crawl for me. But eh, they deserve some of their recognition.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
Hellhammer etc: I'm not a fan of oldschool stuff really, I'm not into bands like Slayer, Venom, Bathory etc. I give them a listen once in a blue moon, but that's about it. Maybe Death is an exception.

This is serious? Man, few bands have achieved what the '80s bands performed, really few! Since then, the metal and its variants have come under changes mostly negative, losing the essence. I love the oldschool, the renewal was not very good. But I understand you.
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
Talking of countries and BM, it's hard to say really, there are great black metal bands all over the fucking place, I couldn't even decide which country would be my fav.

It's true, but compare the scenes. The Scandinavian bands are brilliant in their majority, the other countries don't have so many renowned bands like there. You know some Brazilian BM bands? (Sarcófago, Vulcano ♥) It has a lot of good ones! But for me that's it.
Originally Posted by thiggist View Post
great stuff
=

I recently got their ascetic meditation of death, music aside (which is awesome), the art in booklet fucking kills. It's really edgy but incredible still. Wish I could read the sanskrit tho.

Originally Posted by Larm View Post
This is serious? Man, few bands have achieved what the '80s bands performed, really few! Since then, the metal and its variants have come under changes mostly negative, losing the essence. I love the oldschool, the renewal was not very good. But I understand you.
It's true, but compare the scenes. The Scandinavian bands are brilliant in their majority, the other countries don't have so many renowned bands like there. You know some Brazilian BM bands? (Sarcófago, Vulcano ♥) It has a lot of good ones! But for me that's it.

Well, Finland sort of isn't part of Scandinavia D: And as I said before, every country probably has some great bands, and most likely at least 1 that is well known. Come to think of it, I have a nice variety of countries on my playlist, got bands from nearly all countries of Europe. Outside of Europe might be harder, and honestly from Brazilian bands I only recognize Sepultura :V Sarcofago/Vulcano you provided were OK listens but as I mentioned, I'm not really a fan of oldschool vibe, I like modern perfected sound etc etc.

music

Last edited by JtanK; Jan 7, 2015 at 09:34 AM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos