Ranking
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
This is why I don't like to comment on others ppl work too much. Artists are touchy (including myself), and when you ponder their work they tend to get a bit angry, even when you are right. So, maybe the best is that, if you gonna comment someones work, don't be a bitch. There is a nice way to say where are the mistakes and there is an arrogant way.
You can afford to be arrogant-art-mother-fucker but only if you are in the grand-master league, meaning: I would listen every word and advice if Pikasso would rise from the dead and comment my work, but if its some artist-wannabe then I would take it with reserve.

And that is what I see on art thread these days. Everybody are critics, and they can't even hold pencil in they hand. So, when you take those comments, good or bad, from those kind of ppl, do simple thing: let their words enter in one ear and pass through another. If by any chance something stays in your brain while it travels from one ear to another, then they maybe be right. Not because they know much more about art then you, but because you were blinded by your own arrogance while drawing it to notice you have made some mistakes.
Nothing is perfect. We are all human begins that make some mistakes.
If you draw something trying to pass some message from you to others through art, then there is a possibility that you won't succeed to translate your feelings through that art and show it to others the way you see it.
The main thing is that you feel good while working on it. And always remember: while you were working on your art you were getting better, going somewhere with it, while all those critics that do nothing but talk are standing still.

Wise words... I try usually to be more diplomatic than this time but sometime things piss me off.
I wont elencate all in dettails but still that I think that head is a good work and the draw have all the caricatural feature elements..

:v maybe it lack of facial expression as bend said but I guess that could just be the point you view the sphere. Also true that the message and the feeling of that expression can not be perceived in the same way from everyone.
The technique is great and also the similarity to Einstein. and to me it deserves to be in the expo more than other works are displayed there.
Well, since what belongs to head expo is in the hands of expo judges, you can object but really noting will change. Whatever their decision is, it's their decision, its made by the voting I guess, so if more then one judge thinks its not good enough then that is that.

They told Hitler that he sucks as a painter so he went into politics and almost conquered the world. Obviously they were right. Since, if he were mediocre painter no one would ever heard about him, and this way his name is set in history forever, and they still making movies and tv series about him.
So, in a way, critics that were judging his art were right, although, it would be better if they were not >:]

Crazy example, but u know what I want to say...
Good luck Maldret with the head event thingy
Only pate can come close to the head you made imo,and he's been texturing for some time ;p
shading, effects, textures of the skin, colors, deepness, concept....
are much better in maldret head.. Im pretty sure he will win this... NBLX did also a "good work" but that concept and spider on the head and shadow effects make me think "WTF is that random stuff?" charberus did a bad shading and the thing in the middle of the eye doesnt make much sense to me, and kotbolt keep shading with that bad flat white effect which ruins everything.
oh.. Thank you, guys. Ur words is the best reward : D

But, dont forgot about begotten, ferrock(if he will post) and other strong guys.. I think their works will be amazingly epic ;o
updated clanwars etc

also added mald ;p
Last edited by snake; Feb 21, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15