Toribash
I am, it's just that the forum rollback got rid of 8 pages of posts, along with several links to the newest version. I'll remake the OP soon, so you'll have less to read as well.

@Pwnage102: Different parts is PROBABLY not going to happen in the near future, though it's not entirely impossible. Color schemes might be easier to do, and would also take less time.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
yea
you should have a number of preset designs and have a shop for them in the game.
you could put a comp here for people to design ships and post your stencil..un coloured for the ship.
this stencil would have to be made transparent and paced over top of the ne design so that the ship still looked the same.

this would be an awesome pixel art comp XD
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
I only understood the part about ship presets. :U
But yeah, that could be a possibility. First things first though, get the game up and running. And speaking of which...

Super shots are a reality. Kind of. It flies very fast and blasts through just about anything (a boss would obviously survive), though it isn't an extremely wide shot. Under the right circumstances though, it could wreck 10 wedges (and the corresponding amount of hitpoints) in a row. Pretty straightforward, really. All the other super shots will mostly act like severely souped up versions of their normal cousins. For example, super splinter explodes into a massive blast of powerful fragments, each causing the struck enemy to explode into smaller fragments if it dies. Going further into the future, the TMER supers would basically be huge shoopwoop's of destruction, killing/seriously damaging anything in a very wide line, maybe even causing them to explode into small fragments for extra evil. Spread shot? You guessed it. A SPREAD of those kinds of shots. Extremely deadly, but hey, you'll need it. The aliens aren't going to ease up in the later levels, y'know. :U

Also, i JUST had an idea on how the usage of super shots could be limited/handled. The player has a charging bar in their GUI which, when fully charged, allows the player to fire a super shot. How that'll go down i haven't quite pegged down yet, though it could be either something you start with, something you buy, or maybe a gift from Lord Smebögsnejebedu the fabulously eccentric. Ehh. I'll figure it out.

Oh yeah, new OP.
what i mean is...
have you every played rachet and clank 3? (im not 10)
what they didnt was have some designers come up with "texture sets" for the ships...like skins.
they then had a shop were you could buy ship skins.

another idea is to have different hull shapes.
such as a split nose hull etc etc.

also different wing shapes
heavy and blocky, smooth and curvey etc etc

those are just some of my ideas.
i could help you with the game amking if u like.
like developing ideas and ways they could be implemented.
just randomly shoting out ideas at the moment.
not very focused XD
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
hahahah! nice game! I just realized you're using gamemaker..... pretteh good for gamemaker though.. gamemaker is amatuer. I loved it. My gamemaker games are nothing compared to it xD

EDIT: btw, do you have a yoyogames account? if not, you should totaly get one, and upload your game.
Last edited by Zayex; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
yep...cant wait till the next install ment comes out!!!!
you should totally add a userlevels feature.
allowing people tp play levels other users designed
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
Originally Posted by Pwnage102 View Post
what i mean is...
have you every played rachet and clank 3? (im not 10)
what they didnt was have some designers come up with "texture sets" for the ships...like skins.
they then had a shop were you could buy ship skins.

another idea is to have different hull shapes.
such as a split nose hull etc etc.

also different wing shapes
heavy and blocky, smooth and curvey etc etc

those are just some of my ideas.
i could help you with the game amking if u like.
like developing ideas and ways they could be implemented.
just randomly shoting out ideas at the moment.
not very focused XD

Aha! I get you now. That's actually a pretty cool idea. However, it is but a superficial one, and thus will not have insanely high priority. Functionality first, THEN make shit look real good. Not to mention the fact that the player ship could use a less angular design. We, as humans, tend to like our spaceships sleek. The aliens? Not so much. But hey, they're aliens.

However, a level editor may be a bit far out. While possible, it would require quite a bit of work, and i'm FAR from done with the main game. I won't rule it out entirely, though!

@Zayex: Thanks! And yeah, i most certainly am an amateur. Charging money for this game would be a crime against humanity. :U
As for the YoYo games account, it is being considered.

@Cavoe: No really, you don't have to be a game developer to criticise games. Just like you don't have to be a chef to criticise food, either. =P
But yeah, the current iteration is indeed very simple (dodge shoot repeat), though the next version will feature super shots, which may require a tiny bit of thought. Using one depletes your super bar, so you won't be able to fire one more for some time.

Also, fiddling with the GUI.

Hmm, I like the new GUI, I always got annoyed by the sentries that still fired at you when they were 'off the screen' , which was actually under the GUI bar. ;)

Also, I'd like to take the 'different parts' thing on my shoulders, shouldn't be THAT hard (probably still hard tho lol)
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..