Endurance Onslaught 6.0
then post the ones that are your own ideas then please. if we wanted the person who was best at the mrama style, we would take mrama himself...
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Why is it Mrama style? Because I use pentool and custom shapes together with some blending effects?
And as said, I use my own ideas, many texturists do emo heads, look at AlphasoniK. And... I don't want to say anything about his art, search 'macperfect' in the search bar and compare his art to AlphasoniK's. Pretty equal in my opinion.

Art is the always same, different people have the same ideas. The final piece of art is different though. You should consider me as normal texture artist - look at my deviantart, I do/did other stuff aswell.

Thanks for your time,

HoboJoey
Yeah, the work in my gallery is based of the backgounds macperfect did, as I really liked them. But I have lot's of different tinted work as well ;)

I'm not so sure what you meant with the emo heads though, as I clearly do not make them.
I haven't seen anyone that looks close to the textures that I make, well perhaps the
heads Ben made (the anime ones) but my style is very different and I'd like to think unique.

It was stupid of me to post it in the first place, I am sorry if it lead to any complications.
I just felt like it really went in that direction..

Here is the head I made for my application, I am going to give it to Shiakri.
Sorry for the crappy presentation btw!

I took a lot of time to make the hair, Ben, I hope the shading lives up to your expectations,
I tried to shade more realistic this time.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
actually hobo, when i say mrama style, yes, pen tool is the same, but im talking about style, the way you do things, the way you construct shapes, shading and colour schemes.
trodrod body textures, kordis' head texture and killer321 head, even though they are very good in their own right, could be directly compared to some of mramas work, in most aspects...
i will admit that the santa set is very good and that the pirate head and trodrods head texture are pentool stuff, and are quite original style wise.

but i still dont feel that this is enough to accept you on, we are looking for those who are the best in their style, and for what their art has done for the community.
example: If you look at my tribal stuff now, and indeed most of my other styled works, it is pretty average when compared to some/many other artists.
BUT
because, when i was active when the art community was still quite new, the standard of my work was higher than the average. and what i did back then set the standard for tribal works.

so untill you can convince us that you are at a level that impresses us, and not just meets standards, u will continue to have your applications denied.

as for alpha that head doesnt seem to be loading for me hey, cant see in from the source site either...
and his macperfect work is the same but different, in a more noticable fasion than yours perhaps...
but again, notice, we havnt accepted him yet either...

his emo heads(anime bla bla bla) are of a different standard to the norm, and different to mine aswell, trying to compare our textures is like trying to watch naruto, then compare it to bleach... just not gna work

and macperfects work, well lets just say he's inspired more artists than just alpha... alpha liked his stuff, and is coming up with his own stuff aswell for it, if U think his work is too similar, then im confident he can turn it into something of his own given time.

but again, the mac stuff that he's using wont be of much use to a Texture Mob application, seeing as we try to judge the textures rather than the presentation(though good presentations never hurt)
ya, very nice, shading on hair does not disapoint. and i like how you created levels there aswell, the fringe kinda comes out at you, then the rest of the hair gets pulled back into a ponytail? quick back view?
eyes stand out as usual, do like
though id still like to see some insane hair colours(red yellow blue purple and stuff)
You know what,

How about you tel me what to make, something like a tryout, only with textures.
That gives me one chance to join, if I fail, to bad. :B
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Hi guys,

I figured I'd post a little something to help you out in knowing what we'd like to see from you.

In your application post, we'd like you to include not just your recent/most expensive/whatever work, but a full range of the styles you do and examples of your sets that you think best show that style. For example, here's something I sent to one of my clients:

My preferred styles are robotic, armor, character sets, and some delving into abstract. I've included a list of my favorite sets made below, (attempting) to cover the range of styles that I do.

I think that very well-done abstract/simple sets are hard to come by these days. People are extremely obsessed with a ridiculous number of details (See: brush spam and some robotic sets [I won't point fingers]), and while these little details look good, an overabundance of them detracts from the set as a whole. When I make a set, I pick a style and theme, which become the unifying idea of the set. Every detail put into the set flows into that idea, and I try my best to avoid unnecessary complication of the textures. Therefore, I've been trying to simplify my robotic/armor sets as of late, with defined and flowing pieces of armor as opposed to many little bits.

Going a bit beyond what you asked, I'd like to provide a list of the styles that I make, with some of the (in my opinion) best representatives of that particular style.

Robotic
hanz0 Commander
KOtten
JuHa
gman80 (Old set)
My current set (Of course.)

Armor
Zackerie
Arcane Warden
Daxx666
RedDevil
Malalar

Character Sets
Richard
Phantom Ranger
Rorschach
Dead Space
Optimus Prime

Abstract
gman80 (Current set)
Cindermomo (One of my better-known abstract sets)
Wii Textures
Promo Team
Nosboh

You also may have heard of/seen sluthead's set - I did that one as well. I don't consider it my best work, though.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
ya, hanz0 makes a good point, the application form is there, but you dont HAVE to follow it. we're more interested in you presenting your best examples

alpha id like to take you up on that idea, of you making a final head befor acceptance.
We'd like you to make a Halibel head, from bleach

and a gundam wing(dont watch it so i dont know specific characters) head

this will test your range, not just normal heads, that bone mask and bright yellow hair. then the flip side of anime, gundam robots things :P
i look forward to seeing the results =)