Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Nope. Further exasperated because his early clear is worse, and his ganks are as linear as udyr with less reliability pre-6, and you can escape his r with a well-timed dash/flash. Now it's just famine against any comp with mobility.

I dared to hope, and my hopes were crushed.

Playing one game and losing is definitely not enough to judge skarner. Plus the whole enemy team was a higher rank than you, (pretty much all platinums) so you probably just got outplayed.
Skarner is one of the top junglers for solo queue right now if you know how to play him at all.
Last edited by Locus; Jun 29, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
A friend of mine who went from bronze 5 to diamond 1 ~70 lp on EUW playing only skarner thinks the new skarner is shit.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by chaossook View Post
Playing one game and losing is definitely not enough to judge skarner. Plus the whole enemy team was a higher rank than you, (pretty much all platinums) so you probably just got outplayed.
Skarner is one of the top junglers for solo queue right now if you know how to play him at all.

He's not hard to play at all, and I didn't say I lost from outplay. I said he will famine in the jungle against any team with mobility, which is everyone nowadays.

That game I had my ult whiff twice in a single gank because of cait using her e, which is fast enough of a dash to push her out of my ult range, thus cancelling it, then her flashing the second time I activated it after flashing after her e. It whiffed ziggs using satchel charge. It whiffed Elise using her Q in spider form on to a minion. It whiffed Vi when she used Q. It whiffed fucking Braum when he overextended with turret aggro because he used Stand Behind Me on a minion. There's nothing more frustrating than an auto target, close range ult being cancelled over and over again because rito decided getting close enough to somebody on a person with no gapcloser outside of just running at somebody quickly or flashing was too easy, so they had to nerf his ult.

His jungle clear is worse than before with none of his previous sustain. His ganking potential is subpar pre-6 because he can only bring a high cd skill shot slow and a .5 second stun if he manages to stick on to somebody long enough. He's mana hungry. And he's heavily item dependant. His post-6 is his only redeeming quality, and it's countered by the current meta of mobility on all things. His passive scales nicely, but it's slow to proc. Best case scenario, you will proc it after 3 seconds. You might as well just be udyr and punch everybody in bear stance.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I'm having a bad day, but this is helping a lil.

Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
^This

I think this pretty much settles the arguement as to whether skarner is a good jungler or not. I know dominate is known to pick junglers that aren't necessarily meta, but he was the one that brought pantheon jungle to the point where it was crazy flavourful. He knows what's up in terms of junglers and who is going to be good.

Also, a 50%+ slow and a 0.5 second stun is plenty enough to ensure a kill. Add in red buff slow to those two and a movement speed buff and he can stick to basically anyone. His main weakness is his mid lane ganks.

Mana isn't a problem. Spirit stone buff to aoe champs a few patches back and blue buffs, he's got a lot of sustain.

I think skarner is in an awesome place right now. People just haven't learned how to play with the changes yet.
It was my birthday on the 26th of june, i love ryze, warwick, morgana, udyr, jax if anyone would like to gift me skin it would make my year haha, never been gifted before. Add me on Euw: Scribing
Hax did you delete vagina off your friends list? He mentioned that you did.
Last edited by RAWWRH; Jun 30, 2014 at 04:29 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by chaossook View Post
^This

I think this pretty much settles the arguement as to whether skarner is a good jungler or not. I know dominate is known to pick junglers that aren't necessarily meta, but he was the one that brought pantheon jungle to the point where it was crazy flavourful. He knows what's up in terms of junglers and who is going to be good.

Also, a 50%+ slow and a 0.5 second stun is plenty enough to ensure a kill. Add in red buff slow to those two and a movement speed buff and he can stick to basically anyone. His main weakness is his mid lane ganks.

Mana isn't a problem. Spirit stone buff to aoe champs a few patches back and blue buffs, he's got a lot of sustain.

I think skarner is in an awesome place right now. People just haven't learned how to play with the changes yet.

You seem to think I made the claim skarner sucks. This is not what I claimed. I made the claim that skarner's original problem was that he was a feast or famine champ, or that he either gets really fed, or becomes hopelessly useless when he doesn't, and that this change did not fix that.

His base stats are still too low to let skarner get somewhat naturally tanky, but his damage overall is less. His cc requires him to stay alive to proc, so he needs to be tanky, which he will not be if he does not get fed. But his damage is low as well, and his only good utility requires him to facedive the enemy, something he can't do when he's behind. So if he doesn't get rolling, he becomes supremely useless, unlike other junglers like Elise or Lee, who still bring some form of natural scaling or good utility, or Kha and Eve who can avoid diving facefirst into the enemy team to get to the backline.

But if he DOES get rolling, he becomes a monster. When he gets tanky, he becomes impossible to shake, and he will never let you go if you get caught. Combined with a spammy aoe spell, and he can throw one damage item on top of his tankiness, be it trinity, icefist, or elderlizard, and he will absolutely demolish a squishy with almost nothing capable of stopping him.

And that's what I was hoping was changed. It's a binary playstyle. Either you win big, or you lose hard. There is no middle ground. And that sucks to play against when you're on the receiving end of a feasting skarner, and it sucks even worse when you're on the losing end of a famined skarner.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
don't invite me if you're trolling normals and not trying to win pls

just gonna ignore everyone who does from now on
Hoss.