Toribash
Well a large portion of a moba is based on knowledge of game mechanics, itemization and all that. Not to mention that they always change progressively. In order to keep being good, you need to keep adapting to the changes, like meta changes, patches and all that stuff. But of course, you need constant practice to remain good at the game.

I remember once I stopped playing for 2 months because I had to travel, after I started again, I was extremely rusty. But it didn't take me too long to get back in the "I don't suck that hard" mode.

Every game requires constant practice, it just depends on how long you can stay without playing before your gears get rusty.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

There's scientific study that was done about a year or two ago that tested the hypothesis if practice is necessary to retain piano ability. It was a little different in that they had 3 groups who all had the same level of practice coming in, one that practiced through the entirety of the study, one that watched videos of others practicing for a couple weeks in the middle of the study, and one that didn't practice or watch at all during the middle of the study.

Not surprisingly, those that did nothing got worse, but those who watched others practice actually retained their ability on a similar level to those who kept practicing. They reached a conclusion that, while muscle usage is important for dexterous tasks, watching sombody else practice seems to fire the same neurons that would be firing if you were the one practicing, strengthening the connections in the brain related to the skill. So while they might be slightly slower because their muscles haven't kept up, after readjusting they were often around the same skill level as those who were practicing continuously.

Reason I bring this up is because it's relevant for all physical skills. Once you learn the basics, you can maintain skill, and even develop it, over a short period of time by watching somebody perform that skill. Doesn't work over a long term, but it is an option for short-term hiatus. So watch them streamers and LCS games if you can't play one for yourself.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
It's mostly game knowledge, I take breaks all the time. I haven't played a match of soloq in 3 months due to technical issues, but I occasionally play at my friend's house and still play perfectly fine. That being said, I've kept up with pro play and meta shifts.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Mechanics take practice, so like... kiting and last hitting you will lose if you're not actually doing it (But you'll get it back faster than people learning for the first time). However: these mechanics aren't really needed to be a high ELO player, just a really high ELO player.

What's more important is decision making, map awareness, itemizing appropriately for a game rather than just following a build because you saw a 2400 ELO player make a lolking guide about the champion, appropriate champion selection (Running a full AD team isn't good, running a full AD team against a Rammus is even worse), and above all else is probably good rotations. I've noticed if I can get my team to just rotate well, objectives drop really really fast and usually there will be one or two dumb guys trying to protect the turret who are going down with it once we drop it.

Basically: you don't have to be Piglet/Doublelift at ADC with crazy mechanics to hit low diamond ELO. Like Numbers said: game knowledge is huge, understanding when you and others on the map are hitting power spikes, when you should split push vs. group, when you should contest objectives vs giving them, positioning yourself correctly in a fight so someone very important doesn't get instagibbed, etc. Most of that doesn't take playing the game to keep.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Echoforce View Post

yaaasss

Also, u can always get out of bronze on ur own. I played on otherpeoples accounts and win 4v5 5v5 3v5 all the time in bronze. Individual skill is constant through all ur games and u can always make urself win (in ~80% of cases; AFKs and Trolls being outlier statistics, you're generally going to lose 20% of all games unless ur RLY good compared to ur elo)

Pwahahah.
echoforce pls

I LOVE MY LIFE. JESUS.

~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Kristis I hate you with a glowing passion. I'm a big Trick2G fan X.x
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Kristis I hate you with a glowing passion. I'm a big Trick2G fan X.x

Yeah me too. Started maining Udyr in jungle now just because of him.
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Lucky Kristis, I should gift you just to randomly see what you get. xD

Well, I wouldn't mind, haha.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.