Ranking

been doing some spars. If i were to review how replay making feels right now. I'd say if you try to play the base game, joints are way too strong, bouncy, and quick. Rather than weighted and smooth like toribash. Making controlled movements takes much patience and shift spacing. Because toris seem to bounce around like a dying Roach, if you play too fast. And even then certain positions that are easy to get into in Toribash take a few more minutes in Next. BUT....if you're interested in playing around with the joint modding in the game, you can create a mod that makes the joints more similar to Toribash. I've been trying, myself, but avoiding bugs and crashing makes it a slow and tedious process.
-----

-----
Last edited by matarika; Dec 19, 2019 at 01:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post

been doing some spars. If i were to review how replay making feels right now. I'd say if you try to play the base game, joints are way too strong, bouncy, and quick. Rather than weighted and smooth like toribash. Making controlled movements takes much patience and shift spacing. Because toris seem to bounce around like a dying Roach, if you play too fast. And even then certain positions that are easy to get into in Toribash take a few more minutes in Next. BUT....if you're interested in playing around with the joint modding in the game, you can create a mod that makes the joints more similar to Toribash. I've been trying, myself, but avoiding bugs and crashing makes it a slow and tedious process.
-----

-----

Looks worse than the early versions of Toribash. I know it's still in development, but after so much time since it was first announced it didn't kinda advance somewhere.
Hampa tested out a new way of playing that revolved around bouncier joints, and more explosive game play. But the reality is, it's too unstable and unbalanced. Weight, gravity, joint speed, joint strength all feel quite misaligned compared to the more balanced Toribash. The community on Toribash Next has voiced their concerns to hampa and sir. Hampa is going to revisit how the tori's feel. This is only version 0.64 or whatever. the game will go through changes. I've had some fun so far on it, but it's just I know I could be having MORE fun with balanced toris.

He tried something, It didn't work. He heard our complaints and he will be returning to alter somethings. I'm sure future versions of the models will play much better. Stay hopeful and optimistic my friends!
-----
Last edited by matarika; Dec 20, 2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
Hampa tested out a new way of playing that revolved around bouncier joints, and more explosive game play. But the reality is, it's too unstable and unbalanced. Weight, gravity, joint speed, joint strength all feel quite misaligned compared to the more balanced Toribash. The community on Toribash Next has voiced their concerns to hampa and sir. Hampa is going to revisit how the tori's feel. This is only version 0.64 or whatever. the game will go through changes. I've had some fun so far on it, but it's just I know I could be having MORE fun with balanced toris.

He tried something, It didn't work. He heard our complaints and he will be returning to alter somethings. I'm sure future versions of the models will play much better. Stay hopeful and optimistic my friends!
-----

That looks quite nice actually.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by Rizle View Post

Rest in peace the idea

I think this would be an advancement on the current Tori, to be honest
I personally dont really understand why TB next is still using the tori model from 2006.
Whats the point of recreating the same game with the same tori with the same aesthetic?
its just a starting point. U can model the toris in toribash to look different. As you can eventually edit the models in Next. so im sure someone will make the toris look different in next just as people did in toribash.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Questions & Answers:

Q: Will I be able to use all my current items in Toribash Next?
A: No, but some items would work in both games. Complete list of items will be announced in future.

What kind of item will be able to use?
I'm TC seller pm me
Discord: mellicape