Ranking
Gromp is infinitely better than Wight. New SR won't come soon enough.

Also, it looks more spatious, which I like, and the colors look richer. It looks more like a mountainous area that has been ripped into to air, more fitting for it's name, rather than a random section of a forest.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Random section of a forest with trees and houses as big as the champions.

I mean seriously, annie is half as tall as the trees, and you guys consider it a good looking map :<

The new summoner's rift is amazing, and if they do in fact keep the RAM usage the same as they mentioned, then screw it, change is great.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

One of the one things I really liked about league is how it looked pretty unique and friendly. New SR is artistically better, but I don't like it.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
One of the one things I really liked about league is how it looked pretty unique and friendly. New SR is artistically better, but I don't like it.

That's the problem, the rift is supposed to be a serious place, though people got too used to the horrible quality of the map that doesn't fit the lore a single bit.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

The colors are to earthy for the game of LoL. too much green and brown IMO.

Color scheme reminds me of HoN

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

They said that part of their intent for it was to increase vibrancy without detracting from the visuals of teamfights. Green and brown color palettes let them create a deeper color without distracting from the champion color palettes, which are usually closer to the red, blue, purple scheme, or a yellow, white, blue scheme.

Old SR is very much just a light, slightly sickening, green, with very little color variation. It's one of the main reasons why I enjoyed the Harrowing SR and Winter SR much more, as it had a color diversity that was interesting, and it didn't make me want to puke.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Some more content re: the visual update.

Map shouldn't be more intense on computers than it is now as stated by Riot variously

Towers on the rift will have gradual breakdown visuals as on howling abyss.

Some dev blog stuff.
Summoner’s Rift as a magic-infused, untamed, mountain top, fantasy forest...

Earthy feel/look is very purposeful. Not sure if I agree or not. I always imagined summoner's rift to be down in a field or valley type area. I think the river on the map makes sense more that way too but it's just nitpicking at that stage. Map looks visually beautiful so I'm not going to complain.
The new map looks a lot more realistic then I would like, it looks like its getting more like dota.
Well progress is a gift and a curse isn't it?

The one smart thing I might have said in this thread, maybe?
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Smiter View Post
The new map looks a lot more realistic then I would like, it looks like its getting more like dota.

The difference is, it looks better than dota's map.
Fagm duck fuck everyone.