Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Well, I kinda completely lazied out and didn't read any of it. XD anyways, have you guys ever heard of JonTron? He is the most hilarious person I have ever seen, but you have to like video games. Look him up on YouTube, YOU WILL LIKE!
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
Questions of the Week
Every week, I post random questions because I feel like it. Sometimes I will forget, and I compensate it by adding more questions the next week. Here's the question of the week of May 13-19, and 2 more for failing to deliver the QOTW last week.

1.If you could have your own familiar(a spirit that accompanies you) what form would it take?

2.If you were able to worship your own god, what would his name be and what would he be like?

3.If you could travel to, and meet anyone in Oblivion, who would you meet?
Last edited by UnlimitaBlade; May 14, 2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Mistakes
My life is made up of unlimited blades.
1. A cat. I like cats
2. God. Read the bible. There's your description.
3. Death. We seem to have a lot in common, despite his insisting to the contrary.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Life is a phenomenon that takes place within reality. Life is not necessary for reality to exist. There would just be no one/nothing to experience it. It's like rational numbers existing within the greater envelope of real numbers.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by UnlimitaBlade View Post
I hate the thought of being alone, because isolation away from others is one of my greatest fears,-

This is also my greatest fear. I'm feeling a new clan discussion coming on.
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
"Life", in this context, refers to the human experience, colloquially defined as being different from the phenomenon of life itself ("living instead of surviving", and other variants of the phrase). So, the question is, "Can the brain-in-a-vat be considered to have a genuine experience of life?"
Exactly my point, de4th. I, for one, believe that the brains-in-a-vat, if they continue to be unaware of their true existence, will still be able to have a "genuine" experience of life, complete with all of our pains, troubles, emotions, sex, memes, Toribash, and whatnot. They are just basically playing the Sims: Reality Edition, and what's good for them is that they don't think they're playing a game; they ARE the characters of the game, but they also don't know that. Movie analogy would be "The Truman Show" (look it up on Wikipedia if you're unfamiliar with it).

The subtext becomes way more interesting when we assume that one of those brains-in-a-vat, whether by accident or after having an epiphany, finds out/realizes that the "reality" it is perceiving is nothing more than a simulation, and that it [the brain] is not a complete human person with limbs, genitals, and, most importantly, consciousness, but merely a brain supersuspended in brain-preserving fluid. How does this hypothetical situation-within-a-hypothetical situation alter/change the recently-enlightened brain's view towards its existence and, more importantly, its "life"?

Note: MY ENTIRE LIFE IS A LIE! ... or is it?
Last edited by Trick; May 14, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
fl0w
1.) Does it have to be an animal?
If it doesn't, I'd absolutely want a PANCAKE familiar.
If it does, I'd be ok with a bunny. I love bunnies.

2.) God. Awesome. Loving. Not vengeful and smiteful at all. (For purposes of context: I'm Roman Catholic.)

3.) Tribal, so he can finally explain to me WHY HE NUDGED ME DOWN.
I'd also love to meet hawkes and discuss sneaky, nefarious deeds with him. Like pushing old ladies down flights of stairs, or feeding pigs bacon, or giving the creator of Portal an EXPLODING CAKE as a thank-you present.
Last edited by Trick; May 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
fl0w