Toribash
View Poll Results: What should be done to #nitro ?
Drop it.
5 Votes / 55.56%
Let it be.
3 Votes / 33.33%
What is IRC ?
1 Votes / 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

The Age Restriction Rule?
Recently, people in Nitro have been thinking it is a good idea to have a age restriction on the people recruit because it means we can have more mature and better people overall. I vote No. I think it's a bad idea because as you all should know, I'm 11 and I'm in the clan and not once have been labeled immature(Well, maybe once or twice but not as much as some people. Yes thinkfast, I'm looking at you). You can be 20 and be really immature and you can be 11 and be really mature depending on the person you are. The whole reason for an app is to weed out those immature people. Be sure to leave your thoughts on this below and don't be afraid to completely bash me on the head.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
i voted yes but how about just a maturity test, if we feel you are not mature we kick ;3
"I stroke my donger on the crapper!" ~Thinkfast5
It wasn't really an age restriction as much as it was a reason for caution. We will mostly be able to judge a person's maturity based on his/her app. It probably won't be an auto deny. More like a longer trial time/separate rank.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Shots fired, *grabs popcorn*

Cool thread idea c:

But I'm not super in to dota/lol/smite-esque games

You should try Heroes of the Storm if you can get into the beta. Its fun as hell, and I don't really like those types of games either.
[Team Wushu]
Originally Posted by ILavender View Post
Hi every one, im Lavender, im 19, and also a black belt. I am relatively close to becoming a 2nd dan black belt. I have been in a few clqns since i began Toribash. My first clan was Monks. I didnt like the monks as they were broing freaks. So i joined pause. I became the leader of pause, and then i went away for awhile, noticing my clan is dead.so then i left Pause to join my friend, Dodix's clan, Nothar. I became the 2nd highest rank there and got kicked cause a guy on the clan lied to dodix and yeah, i went to Athens. They were actually kind of the best clan i been in for awhile. So i kinda wanted another clan after my friend, Reliks wanted to change clans. So now im here. Writing this app noe. My gmt is -8. I never was banned, or infractured nor will ever plan on it. I really do hope this was good enough to join Nitro. Ive heard good things about it. Byee.

Hey guys. This app was never decided on. She brought it up to me just now, and I'm just bringing it to attention again.

Sky said no.
STF said no.
Quk said yes.
I say yes.

2-2 in terms of votes. The other members can finish.

P.S. It's a yes from me for Metti as well.
[Team Wushu]
The thing is, thats age bias. Just because somebody is young, they get singled out and put in separate rank or get more trial time. If we're going to be more cautious with people who are young, you should watch them more closely. Doing that is almost like saying you kicked BlackDragan because he was dyslexic. It's almost like saying you can't go near jews because your german. It's rasicm and I don't think we have to stoop that low for something that shouldn't make much of a difference.
Sincerely,
Qukslice

-----
Oh. I also forgot to mention the fact that being around new people and being a trial knowing that you can be singled out for anything can make you feel anxious. If your watching somebody like a hawk who's young and bound to make a mistake from pure anxiety, what do you think the result will be.
Last edited by Qukslice; Feb 22, 2015 at 08:50 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You can be 26 or 10, if your mind isn't mature enough that doesn't matter. If you are mature, why does your age should count?
Exactly my point. It doesn't make sense in my mind why that would happen if age isn't really a relative factor in maturity. I'm saying it once again "You can be 20 and be really immature and you can be 11 and be really mature depending on the person you are." It's a stupid and unneeded rule with no real reason to be there.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
Oh. You should've made that more clear because nobody knew what the hell you chose. 3 no's -2 yes's first to five.
Sincerely,
Qukslice