Toribash
Sure sounds like elitism all up in here.

It's a fun idea. I was making a replay for it but it glitched and I couldn't be bothered with fixing it just then. Why limit yourselves to hosting and competing in solely "professional" events anyway? So what if it's not "make the best madman/decap/skeet/split/generic replay making term"? Heck, this specific idea has even been used several times already such as in this event two years ago and it was popular, and a success. I ended up winning that one too, with Nightin coming in second. It was a fun, alternative challenge that I enjoyed making the replay for.

That's the reason I make replays anyway. The moment it stops being a game, I'm off.
Acting all pro doesn't make you look cool. Although low DM is usually frowned upon nowadays it still can be a lot of fun in putting it into a challenge. As long as the replay is unique and creative I'd like it. However, I still hate it when people use instagib or hack their replays.
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
It's all about opinions here. I don't consider 30 DT replays bad to make me look pro or something because I don't care much about that part. The reason I dislike them is because I only like doing 100 dt replays because anything lower feels like cheating. It's kind of like moving uke in a replay, but worse.

I do enjoy fun, alternate challanges like the ones from the ORMO replay comps a few weeks ago, especially the one where you started over uke's head. Those are the real fun challanges in my eyes.
[Invade]
Looks like we moved an earth a bit with our ideas.
Those challenges are supposed to be quite easy and not time consuming. Of course, you can argue that first one wasn't so simple but whatever.
That's not another ORMO cup or something, just a simple event for EVERYONE, not only ORMO members. Don't like it? Don't take part in it, it's simple as that.
Powas out.
[/invade]
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
[Invade]
Looks like we moved an earth a bit with our ideas.
Those challenges are supposed to be quite easy and not time consuming. Of course, you can argue that first one wasn't so simple but whatever.
That's not another ORMO cup or something, just a simple event for EVERYONE, not only ORMO members. Don't like it? Don't take part in it, it's simple as that.
Powas out.
[/invade]

Like I said above, it's all a matter of opinion. I don't mind participating, but in a way I did expect something a bit more challanging and fun ( after all, they are called challanges). Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, I may have used the wrong words to describe my thoughts.

The ORMO challanges were for everybody btw, just check the event section and see Larfen's threads. They were only sponsored by ORMO with the prizes, that's all.
By ORMO Cup, I believe he meant this thing. That was open to everyone too though! It just ended up being mostly ORMO guys that won the prizes.
Originally Posted by Tamer0 View Post
By ORMO Cup,

I said ORMO Comp not Cup ;p

Originally Posted by Tamer0 View Post
It just ended up being mostly ORMO guys that won the prizes.

Well, that's only natural, isn't it? ;o
You did, but Powas was referring to the ORMO Cup and it seemed you were replying to his comments about it with statements about the ORMO challenges.
Originally Posted by BioEx View Post
Changing subject: How is Festus an Ormo recruiter?

He is? I never knew. But, why not?
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly