Toribash
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
His new kit feels ridiculously clunky too, I just don't like it. I don't care whether or not he's still viable. I don't care if his win rate suddenly skyrockets to 80%, Riot killed my favorite champion :|

i understand that you're upset about recent changes, but if changes never occurred, the game would be boring and not nearly as many people would watch/play it. the meta is constantly changing, and i find it exciting

i don't understand what you mean when riot 'killed' your favorite champion. learn to adapt to changes and get better with the champion then you were previously. they nerfed several of my favorite champions pretty hard, a few of them include jayce, miss fortune, ahri, riven, gragas, etc., and i still love to play all 5 of them

one of my favorite champions when i first got into ranked was jayce, specifically mid, and he was the first real champion that i felt like i progressed with. i got out of bronze originally in season 3 with miss fortune, and when she got nerfed, i thought i was fucked; then i climbed to high silver in season 3 with ahri, and when she got nerfed, i thought i was fucked; then i learned how to play gragas, and i climbed to high silver again in season 4 after climbing out of bronze with him, and when he got nerfed, i thought i was fucked, yet again. even after all the changes and nerfs, i still play all of those champions very often, gragas is my current most played, ahri is up in the top 5 or so, and miss fortune is in the top 10. i love the game for what it is and i just want to be able to enjoy myself even in the most serious and crucial games. i keep picking up new champions because i am always excited to try new things, and i honestly wouldn't play if they didn't change the meta constantly

recently i hit gold and a lot of that success was due to the current meta jayce, current meta miss fortune, current meta ahri, etc. i also owe some of my thanks to nami, h o l y fk that 71% win-rate 4.5 kda after 21 games

anywayyyy i'm currently playing a lot of orianna and hopefully i can keep climbing
Last edited by Faint; May 7, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
I used to play elise many times every day, she was (and still is) my favorite and best champion. Ever since they changed the jungle, top lane and done some changes to her as well, I just didn't find playing her to be quite as profitable. It's been a while since I last played her, doesn't mean I will stop playing the game since they killed my favorite champion.

Every champion shines if you put effort into practicing him/her/it, it's just a matter of how it takes for you to practice him/her/it or dedicate time for him/her/it. Just keep playing, adapt to the changes, don't just stop because you don't like the changes.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Fun

This might sound weird but I really didn't like Nocturne despite the fact I carried :c
Also his ult range used to be bigger I swear, I had to basically hug the wraith camp to use my R.
It was larger. Then they realized that Noc ults were basically autotarget Panth ults that also scared the bejeezus out of every enemy player because you wouldn't know if he was ganking you. So they nerfed early range to compensate.

That being said, all for one nocturne ganks are fucking terrifying. Ghost swarm gonna fuck you up.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by EJM View Post
I used to play elise many times every day, she was (and still is) my favorite and best champion. Ever since they changed the jungle, top lane and done some changes to her as well, I just didn't find playing her to be quite as profitable. It's been a while since I last played her, doesn't mean I will stop playing the game since they killed my favorite champion.

Every champion shines if you put effort into practicing him/her/it, it's just a matter of how it takes for you to practice him/her/it or dedicate time for him/her/it. Just keep playing, adapt to the changes, don't just stop because you don't like the changes.

Originally Posted by Faint View Post
i understand that you're upset about recent changes, but if changes never occurred, the game would be boring and not nearly as many people would watch/play it. the meta is constantly changing, and i find it exciting

i don't understand what you mean when riot 'killed' your favorite champion. learn to adapt to changes and get better with the champion then you were previously. they nerfed several of my favorite champions pretty hard, a few of them include jayce, miss fortune, ahri, riven, gragas, etc., and i still love to play all 5 of them

one of my favorite champions when i first got into ranked was jayce, specifically mid, and he was the first real champion that i felt like i progressed with. i got out of bronze originally in season 3 with miss fortune, and when she got nerfed, i thought i was fucked; then i climbed to high silver in season 3 with ahri, and when she got nerfed, i thought i was fucked; then i learned how to play gragas, and i climbed to high silver again in season 4 after climbing out of bronze with him, and when he got nerfed, i thought i was fucked, yet again. even after all the changes and nerfs, i still play all of those champions very often, gragas is my current most played, ahri is up in the top 5 or so, and miss fortune is in the top 10. i love the game for what it is and i just want to be able to enjoy myself even in the most serious and crucial games. i keep picking up new champions because i am always excited to try new things, and i honestly wouldn't play if they didn't change the meta constantly

recently i hit gold and a lot of that success was due to the current meta jayce, current meta miss fortune, current meta ahri, etc. i also owe some of my thanks to nami, h o l y fk that 71% win-rate 4.5 kda after 21 games

anywayyyy i'm currently playing a lot of orianna and hopefully i can keep climbing

See, i'm not like you guys when it comes to champions. I don't find the champions i'm best at fun. My Renekton is my best along with Zed. I still play Zed since the patches because he still plays really smooth. Zed's the champion that taught me the finer parts of the game, like keeping track of cooldowns and opponents skills(basically optimizing assassinations.) I just don't find Zed fun for some reason, i'm more indifferent towards him. I play him because i'm good at him. Same goes for Renekton.

There are also champions that I wouldn't touch with a 50 foot pole regardless of how well they are doing. This category includes Tristana/Miss Fortune/Trundle/New spayed and neutered Rengar/Jayce/Nautilus.

I really don't like change. I don't like how the game suddenly favors full utility champions in mid, or the state of top lane, or how assassins other than Leblanc now are pretty much useless altogether because of the exhaust/heal changes. I dislike how Kha'Zix is now better suited to tanking than assassinating. There's more that I dislike now in league than there are things I like. Really, the time I started distancing myself from the game came around Yasuo's release. That's when Riot's decisions started getting too ridiculous and obnoxious.
Hoss.
In relation to how he was on release, he builds very bruiser-esque. Before it was rush manamune and cleaver, then just stack damage even more. Evolution priority was w > e > q compared to today's r > e > q because he was a mid, and w could fire while mid leap and the slow for unseen predator would only proc when w evolved. It was a very different Kha. Now he uses r as a way to become pseudo-tanky and to initiate, very different from the reset assassin he was on release.

It's a subtle difference, but it's very much there.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I had a ok game as Veigar last night where I went 7/10/9. I'm starting to like Veigar more and more and will be playing him more today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]