Toribash
Originally Posted by denilumi View Post
I was going to say yes but forreign got in so

You are an official member, always should let us know what you think. You matter too, my boy ;^)

Also, he is trial, so not only should but must give Pat your impressions
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Applying
Hey, my name is Ben I'm 18 and I just graduated from college at TSU, I'm from
TN, Nashville. I'm looking forward to join Vector because I've met very skilled and kind players like I am. If you didn't know I really like dancing! I've been taking dance classes for about 8 months now. Also I'm really good at sparring, making replays, and ABD. I'm mostly very active for most of the day. I'm mostly chill most of the time, but I get really butthurt when I'm mad. I also like playing Basketball and Football. I hope you guys accept me, Thank you for your time.

Here's my discord if you want to contact me: SauceGodBen#5222
I've added 2 extra replays

ps: The "choke me daddy" is a spar I did with someone. c:
Attached Files
Light - Can't Breathe.rpl (190.2 KB, 13 views)
Calm Explosion.rpl (95.8 KB, 12 views)
Youth - Death Bed.rpl (187.9 KB, 7 views)
choke me daddy.rpl (471.5 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by LightYouth; Apr 8, 2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
Originally Posted by LightYouth View Post
TN, Nashville. I'm looking forward to join Vector because I've met very skilled and kind players like I am. If you didn't know I really like dancing! I've been taking dance classes for about 8 months now. Also I'm really good at sparring, making replays, and ABD. I'm mostly very active for most of the day. I'm mostly chill most of the time, but I get really butthurt when I'm mad. I also like playing Basketball and Football. I hope you guys accept me, Thank you for you're time.

I see you are a simple dued. I like your apply tho

Anyways, I won't say anything for now because you need to attach at least 3 replays if I'm not wrong (and some bonus replays would be nice too xd , but you better put a lot of effort into it >:^] )

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by LightYouth View Post
TN, Nashville. I'm looking forward to join Vector because I've met very skilled and kind players like I am. If you didn't know I really like dancing! I've been taking dance classes for about 8 months now. Also I'm really good at sparring, making replays, and ABD. I'm mostly very active for most of the day. I'm mostly chill most of the time, but I get really butthurt when I'm mad. I also like playing Basketball and Football. I hope you guys accept me, Thank you for you're time.

Hey buddy ol pal
I'll be sure to check the replays later and give my vote. You should give more though, I want a real treat ;)
¿?
Hello again, Ben

Being straight, I miss flow and control in your moves. You can do some really pleasant moves, sometimes even kind of nostalgic (reminding my old replaymaker self), but I don't think you fit our requirements just yet, at least not for now. I'm not saying that you are bad, but as a sparrer or for a realism replay maker I think you should show us something better before joining us.
I can see a lot of potential in your ukebashing replays. You are creative, provided me a fun time while watching your replays, specially in this "Death Bed" one.

You'll have my approval if you show me better things, I haven't seen enough yet.

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Ben!

So... I'm not going to touch on uke bashing because I know close to none about it lol. The one thing I will focus on however is sparring. Lionet's already summed up when I was planning on saying. So instead, I will tell you what I believe you can improve on and build off of the sparring. One of these things I believe you need to work on is movement and linking. You have the attacks and balance, but to me it seems you don't know how to link up moves.

The first kick in the replay looked like an accident because your opponent was off balance. This would have been fine if you followed up with an attack, which you did but looked unnatural. Once you landed, there was a slight decrease in momentum, and then a sudden burst for the kick. This, to me, is something you should avoid. It makes you look like a robot and kind of turns me off from the replay. Another thing is that the second kick didn't look like a kick, and more of a push. The one thing that makes a kick look good is a snap. As soon as that kick lands, it has to pull back instead of push forward. One thing that helps me when doing a kick is a simple rule. As soon as a kick lands, wait at least 10-15 frames, then pull back. (of course this varies between how powerful a kick is, but it's just a rule of thumb.) Anyways, after that second kick, your momentum stopped... and you jumped...

NO NO NO NO DAS A BAD

Not only that, but while you were in the air, there were twitches. There was also your left arm which:

contracted
then extended
then contracted again

This drives me NUTS. It looked like you freaked out when you lost momentum, so you jumped. Then while in the air you looked stiff, and that's when twitches happen. When a joint moves in the air, let it move. That left are was moving back because you contracted it. Then it slowly extended, only to be contracted again to punch. DO NOT FORCE JOINTS. Think of them as swords. You don't force a sword to suddenly change directions. It's not a club, it's a sword. You flow with it, you work with it as if it's your own limb. In this case, it actually is your limb. Only when you flow with it is when you get a powerful attack. Do not force something just to get an attack that won't really benefit in the long run. Then right after that, you tried to follow up with another punch. This time, with no momentum nor proper support. You didn't have a firm grip on the ground and caused you to over shoot... if you have followed your pec's momentum. Instead of missing, you stopped your pec to hit your opponent. Then it looked like you trying to go for a third, but since you had a weak support, you got off balance.

The rest of the replay wasn't as bad. But that whole middle section needed a ton of work. In all, you need to flow with your joints, don't force them just to get a hit. (which is another thing, your attacks always hit. but i'm too lazy to touch upon that tbh lol) If you just learn to flow with your joints instead of force them, your spars will look a WHOLE LOT better. Trust me.

For now I'm still neutral, but you really need to work on the things I just said.

sowwy if i sound mean, im really not. please don't be mad daddy ;~;
ur a pretty chill dood btw, hope i meet you again ingame. it was fun
¿?
Light - Can't Breathe

The boomhits were fine, except for your contracted right leg back hit. Your spin after that did not have a clean opened (jumping method), and some of your body parts were held stiff your airborne frames, and it does not really matter but your hand noclipped through your leg at the end. Your flip at the end could also have had you contract or at least relax your knees, but people do have their own flip styles.

Calm Explosion

The opener was fine, and the starting kick was good. Your arms and legs weren't stiff this time and they had a realistic spin. The second kick though made you lose balance a bit so that could have been better. Also have you noticed that in your replays your neck is relaxed? Depending on what you are doing or your position in a replay, it can look very weird. Also during your second kick recovery your right leg was stiff.

Youth- Death Bed

I believe this one was your best replay. The opener was clean and fluid, and as you went into the kick your momentum was great, resulting in an effective boomhit. You did well keeping your balance and the second kick flowed well with the first one. I suggest though again you keep your neck from flailing around too much.

choke me daddy

Your opener was fine, although you could have extended your right knee during the launch for more realism. Your kick was extended too early and generated a bit of an awkward flow. The second kick did put you a bit too close to your partner though, resulting in a brief loss of balance. Your recovery would have been fine if you didn't enter your partner's space too much. As you sent the overhead kick to regain balance, I noticed your partner had to hit your leg with his arm, meaning that it did not have enough momentum to go over him and outside assistance was needed. After that your first and second punches were fine, but your third punch was awkward, and you contracted and extended your neck abruptly. After that your recovery was good but then your next supposed kick attempt did not look right because of the little momentum and even more loss of momentum after that due to your partner's kick. You then recovered and used a ground kick to propel you forward which I liked, but as you went towards your opponent your arms were stiff. Your finisher was good though and your pose was fine.

Overall you are "good" but have things to work on. I am neutral for now, slowly leaning towards a yes. Get better and post some more replays and depending on your improvements I might say yes.

...giving such an in-depth analysis like this one hurts my soul
<cashmere goat sanctuary>
Waitwat, when did this thread turned into replays analysis xD Ben, you said youre a dancer and so am I. You got my attention. What style?
You didnt told us much about your ingame history tho
I will check out your replays when I get on my pc
-----
OH WAIT NEVERMIND.
Last edited by Aadame; Apr 9, 2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~RIP [Vector], Shikkumo's butthole
Replays, Videos