Toribash
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Has anyone written a guide on how to comeback and win after losing reasonably bad Especially in particular when you yourself are the feeder?

I'd go afk farm in top/bot for a couple minutes to catch up once the laning phase is over and then try to shutdown as a team whoever got the kills.

This is my logic, feel free to correct me though. I still have a lot to learn.
Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
I'd go afk farm in top/bot for a couple minutes to catch up once the laning phase is over and then try to shutdown as a team whoever got the kills.

This is my logic, feel free to correct me though. I still have a lot to learn.

That's really not an option when you don't have map control. Once you've lost your first tower, there isn't "safe farming". You can't "afk" in bottom lane, they'll just gank you from your jungle. You can't ward alone or they'll gank you. So you're forced to move sort of together; however, you're down like 12 kills and 3 turrets so a team fight more than likely is disadvantageous.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
That's really not an option when you don't have map control. Once you've lost your first tower, there isn't "safe farming". You can't "afk" in bottom lane, they'll just gank you from your jungle. You can't ward alone or they'll gank you. So you're forced to move sort of together; however, you're down like 12 kills and 3 turrets so a team fight more than likely is disadvantageous.

Freeze the lane, and keep vision in high traffic areas.

If you freeze the lane, you can keep the minions almost permanently just outside your turret range, and if you can see where they travel, you can avoid facechecking into or getting flanked by most enemies. You cannot come back from being behind without taking some risks, so just get those wards down quickly when you realize you're falling behind before it becomes too dangerous to do it. Keep wave clearers together to deal with the enemy grouping up to prevent minions from tanking the turrets. This way you can stall 4v5s or even 3v5s while another person catches up on experience and levels.

And keep vision on baron. If you can't, you risk the enemy securing it and ending it easily, but it also lets you get a chance for an advantageous teamfight because of the best team mate: Baron. Take drag whenever you can safely, and get good timing down on your jungle, because you can't waste any time when in there. If you don't know the times, you waste time milling around, which increases the risk of a pick.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Freeze the lane, and keep vision in high traffic areas.

If you freeze the lane, you can keep the minions almost permanently just outside your turret range, and if you can see where they travel, you can avoid facechecking into or getting flanked by most enemies. You cannot come back from being behind without taking some risks, so just get those wards down quickly when you realize you're falling behind before it becomes too dangerous to do it. Keep wave clearers together to deal with the enemy grouping up to prevent minions from tanking the turrets. This way you can stall 4v5s or even 3v5s while another person catches up on experience and levels.

And keep vision on baron. If you can't, you risk the enemy securing it and ending it easily, but it also lets you get a chance for an advantageous teamfight because of the best team mate: Baron. Take drag whenever you can safely, and get good timing down on your jungle, because you can't waste any time when in there. If you don't know the times, you waste time milling around, which increases the risk of a pick.

Thank you very much for this.

Also: thoughts on Nunu in solo queue? I've seen him work really well top. As a jungle, he's pretty solid counter jungle, and he has a good attack speed steroid and peeling options late game to help your ADC bruiser out. I personally hate melee supports. I could easily see, in this meta, him being a good top lane.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
So I got a few spare curse voice keys.
For those who have used Arctic ops varus keys, please send them to me(since you've most likely used 'em only on one region, Imma use them elsewhere, got a few cousins that are playing) and I'll send you the key. Even if you don't need CV key, I'd really appreciate if you could send the used code anyway, better than waiting till they expire and go to waste.

~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Thank you very much for this.

Also: thoughts on Nunu in solo queue? I've seen him work really well top. As a jungle, he's pretty solid counter jungle, and he has a good attack speed steroid and peeling options late game to help your ADC bruiser out. I personally hate melee supports. I could easily see, in this meta, him being a good top lane.

Nunu is weird. He's strong in every lane because he ultimately becomes a support for the adc the longer the game drags on, but is also an immovable bully during laning phase. However, the meta has shifted from a heavy adc focus, so Nunu doesn't get a chance to shine. He's still really strong, but he's really just a support playing in a different position regardless.

In theory, he could be the next meta, as absolute zero can completely negate a bruiser dive, and lets your adc have a free 4 seconds of zoning, which could facilitate a shift back to the adc meta, but the prevalence of assassins with gap closers makes him somewhat obsolete as a defense. So I'm not quite sure. It depends if the meta shifts more towards bruisers and away from assassins.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Lol 2 days in a row, 2 demotions in a row. I'm going to be in bronze again soon xD

I keep playing when I'm toxic, so I keep losing because I have the wrong attitude towards winning.

That being said: I just won an unranked because the other team, being so cocky, all hit the concede button despite being at our nexus and us all dead. So that's neat.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!

winrate

i have an incredibly positive normal winrate yet my normal mmr is still stuck around high silver, life sucks

Pfft, noob.
Same problem xD

High

-----
Kristis, I sent you the code then I realized that there was a private message limit thing. If you want the code just throw me a message to tell me you got space
Last edited by souldevilj; Apr 20, 2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump