Toribash
View Poll Results: To merge or not to merge. thats whats the poll is for.
Yes we should merge to create one more total AWESOME clan!
9 Votes / 75.00%
NO NEVER I DONT WANNA MERGE WITH THEM!!!! PLS DONT!!!
3 Votes / 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by pizzapete8 View Post
the reason is the people hate cats and want them to suffer! they dont care if cats suffer from no mice, duh!

He's apperantly answering the first question... shoo invader!

What Brubert is saying is, if someone asks "what is that?" and you go "it's a sandwhich" there is still the unanswered question of what is in the sandwhich, even though it is covered by the term "sandwhich." You can learn more about it by not having the answer a term which covers all of it.

My knowledge on the philosophy of langauge is quite limited - actually, but I think there's little diffrence between stating a noun and commonly attributed adjectives (and 'sub nouns') to the main noun. Both are abstract terms used to name (and NOT describe) things that appear before a human via empirical (via the senses, experience, or experiment) witness. However the question of what it REALLY is, is not covered by langauge. (A branch of philosophy which attempts to do that is metaphysics.)

Example; What's that? A sandwich.
What's a sandwich? It's made of bread. (for simplicity's sake I'll only name one value of a sandwich)
What's bread? It's a food made from wheat.
What's food? Stuff that people eat.
etc. etc. etc. etc.

What's there to learn by simply using such terms? You're only going to name things which have a relationship with the before metioned object. Yes you can see the relationships easier by using such abstract language - but to learn what bread really is, you'll have to touch it, feel, smell it, experiment with it, and only then you'll understand what a sandwich REALLY is. Yes, you can try to describe it by abstracting it into language, but that would simply be renaming the problem (of what a sandwich is), not solving it.
Hey Deprived, we should start a [core] debate in the debate thread. It would be about a topic of our choosing and it seems you have a good debating skillset. OldJoe and Brubert could do it too.

It could also get people to learn about this clan more, and thus encouraging intelligent people to join.

Think it over.

We could be debating kings.
HEy
As of now, it is looking like it will be either Sambo or Aikido. But its up to them, I know we can fight in any mod.
As for a date, I am thinking not this weekend but the next.