my special
S: [3]
P: [5]
E: [4]
C: [2]
I: [5]
A: [5]
L: [6]

charisma is lame, only put another point in to get ladykiller, not interested in settlements
Originally Posted by thiggist View Post
game is fun

my special
S: [3]
P: [5]
E: [4]
C: [2]
I: [5]
A: [5]
L: [6]

charisma is lame, only put another point in to get ladykiller, not interested in settlements

Kinda agree with you on the charisma part right now, settlements aren't as interesting as when I first got into the game and I could of used the points for other things.
i personally disagree but i'm one of those guys who is totally into settlements and trading and shit like that, might just be me though. generally probably isn't that big of a deal though because there is no level cap and you can eventually start upgrading your charisma as you progress.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
i personally disagree but i'm one of those guys who is totally into settlements and trading and shit like that, might just be me though. generally probably isn't that big of a deal though because there is no level cap and you can eventually start upgrading your charisma as you progress.

Settlements are fun once you get into the later game most likely, i'm still quite a bit early in the game, so I should grow more accustomed to settlements.
Settlements are really easy to run, and it's actually better to get started early with setting them up, because it's a pain returning to older areas to retrieve the rarer junk that has the harder to obtain components like adhesive, crystal, nuclear material, circuitry, etc. etc. And they generate a large amount of caps for little work. They're essentially an investment.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I'm alright with the perk system, just that sometimes your playstyle is really restricted by the perk system (which annoys me for my sniper-esque attempt at the game initially). Aside from that small issue with perks, I am actually enjoying the game a lot as unarmed as a few people have already stated playing, and then running around building bases is pretty nice.

Don't read if you don't want 'spoilers' for a little area of the map I found pissing around

I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
going to start over again, because I accidentally murdered out the entire population of diamond city.
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by dank View Post
going to start over again, because I accidentally murdered out the entire population of diamond city.

Did you shoot that 1 turret?

I shot at a turret and it turned out to be Diamond City's, only way to tell would be to run up at it, which you typically wouldn't do when you see a turret
FIRED UP
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Did you shoot that 1 turret?

I shot at a turret and it turned out to be Diamond City's, only way to tell would be to run up at it, which you typically wouldn't do when you see a turret

yea hahaha

anyway I just walked into a car and randomly dropped dead.
Gg fallout
dreamy suicide act
So I tested out settlement shops.

I believe they make money relative to the type of store they are, and they're also dependent on the settlement population. Having 4 stores in a 16 settlement population (general, armor, clothing, and food stands, all highest tier) generated about 300-400 credits every so often, I think around an in-game hour during store hours. Total investment was 8000 for the 4 stores. Combined with the ease of selling stuff I've looted, I made about 3000-4000 of the investment back in 2 hours from passive income and selling loot.

They are definitely a long term investment, but they also sell some decent items, and a medic station can give you access to a doctor in any settlement, which is a nice addition.

It's also fun to play dress up with the store keep. My clothing store settler looks dapper as fuck. Clean tan suit with a bald head, looks like he could have stepped out of any gentleman's store.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games