Toribash
warlock doto is best doto.

So the 6.78 patch is here, big changes to some heros
bloodseeker has already been picked up in a few comp matches, being used quite effectively.
might see heros like silencer being picked up more often now with his ulti buff, moves him to a potential competative solo mid role.
also might see omni and necrolyte being picked up competatively with their buffs.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Bloodseeker being used in a serious match?? wow. I guess valve did good with the balancing then huh.

Silencer is brutal now. Laning against silencer who prioritises curse is pretty brutal, with a mid Silencer with global curse you can kill anyone under half health pretty much.
yeah, bloodseekers ult now goes through bkb.

i dont think silencers buff is too bad, it makes his ulti more annoying, rather than dangerous.
mostly, it gives silencer the ability to actually get gold from assists when using his ult.
by the time he has aganims, the damage from his curse is almost useless, but the mana drain could stop a few high tier ulties from being used to counter initiate.
against heroes like venomancer or tide hunter, the mana drain would be devastating.
I'm finding it really really difficult to transition from LoL to Dota.. It's really hard to do >.<
First person I played besides the tutorial was Chaos Knight, man everything is really different in Dota :l
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Cards and chests? Are items buyfag only now or something?

player cards are a promotion thing for The International.
has some interaction with the compendium.
recent chests havent grabbed me, but i open 2 per series, so theyr no biggy, usually atleast one item i want in them.

New pudge set looks awesome, tempted to buy it, but i never play pudge.
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
I'm finding it really really difficult to transition from LoL to Dota.. It's really hard to do >.<
First person I played besides the tutorial was Chaos Knight, man everything is really different in Dota :l

Some heroes which are mostly similar to league of legends champions would be those like Bristleback, Skywrath Mage and Drow Ranger. I suggest you try those out - Bristle and Skywrath both have spam able spells with fairly low mana cost (skywrath's ult is really expensive though) and drow is pretty much Ashe without the stun.

Also: If you haven't already had a look at this guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...what_should_i/

The spoiler below has the basics in it if you do not want to click the link.

Incase you don't want to click link

I suggest you do so. It is quite handy I would think.

Other heroes that are pretty easy to play are:

(M) means meele range.

Support/Initiators

Venomancer
Warlock
Lich
Vengeful Spirit
Crystal Maiden
Ogre Magi (M)
Tidehunter (M)
Lion
Lina
Jakiro
Sand King (M) - I'm a bit on the wall with sand king, he's easy to play, but harder to play well. Nonetheless, a fun hero.

Pushers

Shadow Shaman
Nature's Prophet
Death Prophet

Carries/Semicarries (Note: Avoid these in real games until you are comfortable last hitting)

Viper
Skeleton King (M)
Juggernaut (M)
Slardar (M)
Chaos Knight (M)
Queen of Pain
Dragon Knight (M)

I advise you do not go near the following heroes until grasping the game better:

Invoker - Has 3 standard spells + ultimate. The spells are orbs that fly round him giving him stats + something else depending on the orb, these are used in combination to create a total of 10 different spells. When he presses his ultimate it makes that spell.

Meepo (M) - Meepo is a fairly average hero, not really much shines for him alone. He has a net which can snare enemies and a move called poof which basicly after a few seconds of channeling he explodes around him. The main reason he is avoided by nearly all players is because of his ultimate. It creates a second meepo at rank 1, third and rank 2 and fourth at rank 3. They all have the same spells on different cooldowns and if one dies, they all die. Got to be careful with him.

Chen - Chen is a support that goes in the woods, he can control the creep (Mobs) in there using a spell and gains control of their skill set, he normally ganks with them and then pushes. Not too hard to play but can be overwhelming at times.

Visage - Visage is pretty fun, he has strong spells, including a slow / attack speed steal and is pretty beefy, however his ultimate creates two gargoyles that deal a lot of damage, but they have a massive price if you kill them and they are easily killed(1-3 auto attacks)
Last edited by Nyann; Jul 7, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech

i dunno about some of your oppinions.
im still of the oppinion that chen can be a real hazard without going into the bush at all, obviously the bush provides more opportunities, but without worrying about the micro, you can pay attention to your hero spells more.

Ive been playing for years and my micro is still shit with chen, its either perfect creep micro while ignoring hero or perfect hero control without creeps.

i still love the fast dagon build with chen.

although this is coming from someone who used to build a MoM + 2x battlefury on a dazzle.
Dota2 has such goofy controls for micro. Honestly I avoid playing any hero with extra abilities, summons that require extensive micro, or mechanics that need more keys than usual. Heros like invoker or meepo that are usually played with special layouts and scripts are terrible. Playing chen with a focus on creeps is super annoying - for the first 10 minutes, yeah I'll use creeps and gank, but after that, just grab aura creeps.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
although this is coming from someone who used to build a MoM + 2x battlefury on a dazzle.

Honestly if you are winning so much that your dazzle has that much items, it doesn't really matter at all what you build :P

EDIT: Also a reminder that support heroes are best heroes. I would be much happier if people lock in earthshaker or lich or treeent.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jul 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Honestly if you are winning so much that your dazzle has that much items, it doesn't really matter at all what you build :P

pffft
#1 carry dazzle best dazzle

also

ImmortalPig AKA LD
David Gorman