Toribash
Mage have it easy in PvE? wtf are you kidding me? Have you tried killing a boss when you have 3 casts of a strong spell, and 60 casts of some week ass heavy great soul arrow? It is so fucking slow and weak. Killing a boss as str or dex? Ez just use your weapon wow hard. Not that anyone has any problems with bosses PvE is weak shit.

A pure INT build is easily one of the most OP builds for PVE. Either you are playing with your eyes closed, or you don't have good sorcery stuff.
Anyone hear about the DLC coming out?

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
A pure INT build is easily one of the most OP builds for PVE. Either you are playing with your eyes closed, or you don't have good sorcery stuff.

At the same level dex/str or faith will have more damage and more damage potential in almost the entire game so I don't know how you can see pure int has more damage.

On my pure int I switched to dark because the damage is so low on magic and the number of casts suck so bad.

But the easiest build by far I've had is str/dex you just roll hit roll hit how is that hard at all? Pure str is harder than str/dex just because the timings are harder, but even then at least you deal a lot of damage.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by MegaCash View Post
Anyone hear about the DLC coming out?

Holy shit, so soon? The game is still selling. It's been,what, 2 Months?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post

Yeah they already have 3 dl coming...

It's kind of dodgy considering the game is so short, but like last time they say they never planned the dlc.
Originally Posted by RAWWRH View Post

It came out March 17th, a bit more than 2 months. Even then, the DLC isn't out yet. It's a trilogy actually. Weird because From said they had no plans for dlc. Not really gonna complain though since it's more game for me to play. Info here

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
So I decided to play some mage.

Beating mage is so simple:
Spam silence, gg.
Use great magic barrier, watch as their strongest spells hit 100-200. gg.
Or just have high magical defense - I was hitting less than 1/3 of my damage on someone, I'm guessing they just built resists.
Also because of the way magic works it's pretty simple to dodge 100% of the spells, or just use a throwing knife (which is faster than all spells even with 300+ cast speed).
And don't forget spells are uncancelable, so you can cheese them just by running up and backstabbing them while they buff!
Also spells don't stagger :/

For reference I'm using affinity, lingering, greatsword, great combustion, heaving homing arrow, firestorm and vortex (which by the way neither have hit anyone ever, dat rng. But they do make space about 50% of the time)

The lag is still absolutely terrible. How is it fair to have people teleporting around like this? OH BUT GUYS WE MUST NERF AVELYN............
-----
Just saw the 'invader without message' glitch twice!

Are people learning to abuse it?
-----
After playing about 4 hours of mage (build has changed to affinity, vortex, greatsword, great combustion, great homing arrow, dark orb) I can safely say that the two best counters are magic barrier and silence spam. I've encountered a lot of people who spam silence as soon as they spawn. I'm tempted to do it but it's a huge dick move.

Against people who use neither silence nor magic barrier I win almost all (above 90%). The few that I lose to are usually just laggers who clip through spells and can attack across the map. Against magic barrier or silence I lose probably 75% of the time at least. It's just too hard to kill someone that takes 20+ hits to kill, while you can be killed in 1 or 2...
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jul 7, 2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I thought about making a fun build that has 100% resist to every magic type.
Dark, lightning, magic, fire.
None of them can damage you.

Tho everyone will think you're a hacker but who cares.

fuck
Yeah, that would be really good.

But getting 1000 all reists would be very hard!