Toribash
Just finished this picture for an art trade. Took around 2 and a bit hours, I tried imitate depth of field blur, but it's just good old gaussian blur.

picture

Did you just manually blur or did you make a z-map? It's not to hard to make a z-map really. Though you can do it by eye with blur, since all DoF is is blurring based on distance.

Looks good though, I like the style with the posterized/layered/striated shading.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Asuka is the best.
Drawn with ink

Asuka

Asuka-

I painted this my senior year of high school..
Painted with water colors.. ah.. He's getting high.

Spike

My deviant art for drawings and stuff: http://rickyricotoo.deviantart.com/
My deviant art for pixel art and stuff: http://rickyrico.deviantart.com/
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Jul 25, 2014 at 03:07 AM.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
the one you draw with water color..what is his name again, i forgot
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
this place is dead

Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
Ha, no one liked it huh? :c

Well, back from my little vacation of not drawing much. But, I definitely haven't lost my touch!

-----------------------------------

This is also my first picture I've ever done with 100% reference, although the only real reference I used was the anime itself.

Anyways, I was rewatching Toradora! and I simply loved tiaga throughout the entire anime. Her during the christmas season was simply kawaii, so I thought I'd give it a shot and draw her how I liked her, and well. It turned out great <3

Kawaii

And besides, if you want to keep up on all my artwork, click here.

Yeah, having everyone's art posted and updated on the first post seems like a lot of
trouble.. It should just be "post and discuss"
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.