Endurance Onslaught 6.0
well at least he go idea
but its more easier to understand in grammar..
Got Cra..i mean uh...Cranberries?
Well la-de-fucking-da Mr. Deprived, but don't you find it annoying when people type like fucking idiots? When they make a long post with no new lines, lack of periods and random z's and smily faces?
Don't you find it annoying when people often type unintelligible, arbitrary and just downright impossible to read posts?

To all Pandora members, would it really hurt to add a capital letter and a period to the start and end of each sentence?
Think before you type people.
Or all you all just going to reply to this with "lul ur an fag"?
heh..
Xenmas got another point.
It's hard to understand Well la-de-fucking-da Mr. Deprived
Got Cra..i mean uh...Cranberries?
Originally Posted by Xenmas View Post
Well la-de-fucking-da Mr. Deprived, but don't you find it annoying when people type like fucking idiots? When they make a long post with no new lines, lack of periods and random z's and smily faces?
Don't you find it annoying when people often type unintelligible, arbitrary and just downright impossible to read posts?

the same can be done with your so called holy "internet grammar" i mean capatalizing letters and putting periods at the end of setences is only a very very very very very very small part of grammar unlike you like to pretend xenmas

grammar is not nessecary for people to write in ways that can be understood by people espically indeed with the dawn of internetspeek most of the time its more confusing to use proper grammar

the grammar you are talking about right now is what i call hybrid english which contains putting appostrohpes in plurals when they are not possesive and periods and capatalizations which doesn't add to the understability of setences at all

by the way i have a firm belief that anyone who cares about grammar on the internet espically those who use hybrid english with grammar mistakes spanning more than those in this post while preaching about grammar is someone who has a god damn inferority complex or in layman's terms a pompous cheeky figure

The lack of your hybrid english rules above is not out of spite - but rather a case in point.

tldr/deprived english; anybody who preeches about grammar is worse than someone who doesn't give a crap about grammar on the internet due to it being a sign of arrogance and that proper grammar is most of the time actually destructive to comphrension
Last edited by Deprived_OLD; Aug 28, 2009 at 06:04 PM.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
Quite frankly Deprived, I don't about your beliefs or your "hybrid english". I'm just trying to educate a few people.
Gotta agree with what Loje said. Sure it ain't pleasing to the eyes, but the whole point is to get yer message across, isn't it? Not everybody has the ability to write in proper English, and if they can but won't then either bear with it or try to do something about it (highly unlikely). And most are just minor grammatical errors anyway, no point in pointing it out like a large zit.

EDIT: Wow, you guys post fast O.o
I don't nitpick at peoples grammar. I just like it to be readable.
EDIT: It's 2:15 a.m. and I feel tired. I'm going to go to sleep. Feel free to abuse/insult me while I sleep.
Last edited by Jim; Aug 28, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
alot of the people that tries to get in but gets rejected because of bad grammar has a "readable" grammar
When I am sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead!
We didn't reject them solely on their grammar Loje. We rejected them because either they didn't post any replays or if they did post replays they were shitty. I also examine their past clans and post to try and get a feel for their personality before I cast my vote.
I can't speak for the rest of the council on this matter.
Originally Posted by Xenmas View Post
Quite frankly Deprived, I don't about your beliefs or your "hybrid english". I'm just trying to educate a few people.

Ah alright, I'll move away from my QED punchlines now, and assume one of my deepest fears; proper grammar on the internet, as were are deabting, as of now that is.

Xenmas, you should care about my beliefs, if you don't you will force me to attempt to psychoanalyze you and to cure of your 'sickness'. Not much of a threat, but it is not one, I'm only trying to help you, I love the common man, and I only wish for the common man to learn about his ways.

Let me go through a more exhaustive argument of the point I made in my above post, the point being, of course, that grammar is completly redudant on normal internet occasions. The following will not be opinions with opinons - but attempts at emperical arguments.

I have traveled many forums, from 4chan to the most goddamn uptight "grammar" forums that in, no way, discuss serious topics. There's one thing I've noticed ; while 4chan has its ugliness and... fucked upness (espically in /b/), they are actually generally far more liberal in their moderataive duties, and far more honest in the same, while in uptight grammar forums, the moderators are literally smelling their own farts and liking it. This could be mere concidence - but these are from samples of about 10 forums per each group.

Simmilairly, I've seen many people raise themselves above others because of their 'ability to use grammar', even though their texts are so full of grammatical mistakes while attempting to do grammar, that it's actually god damn painful to read, hybrid english as I call it. Use proper grammar - or don't, but god damnit, don't attempt to force grammar because that leads to the creation of "grammar" which really just confuses people who understand grammar - as other points come across than intended.

While I agree some posts with shitty grammar are hard to read - it's not hard to refrain from using capaital letters and periods at the end of setence fragments (*cough* you hybrid english people are freaking amazing at it, don't put periods at the end of things that are not setences "Yes." is a common example *cough*) and at the same time to be understandable, indede, it's easier to do that as most people of the internet are accostumed to crappy "internetspeek".

Now this is a personal belief - and it comes from experience, believe me - I find that those who use their "hybrid english" often put themselves above other people, become "better" to themselves quite quickly, while in truth they're just pompous/excessivly arrogant. This is one thing I want to avoid - and Xenmas, whether you know it or not, you're preaching hybrid english right now and not underestiablity - the two are quite oppisotes actually.

Excuse the mistakes, the above is more of a rant, really.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'