Toribash
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
same thing used to be said about leblanc, too much risk not enough reward, you could ask anybody and no one would agree that she's strong enough for competitive environment, right now everybody figured she's actually the new op easily on the level with pre-rework kassadin. to top it off, leblanc's kit early-mid game also is very dependent on landing an e if you ever want to get any good damage in(unless you q-r-w of course which is almost never an option though because what idiot would allow you walk that close up for free), yet it doesn't prevent people from picking her up whenever she's open.

going to agree with leyz on this one

used to main ahri with numbers back in season 3 and we both had very high kda's and win-rates mainly because she was super strong at that point. after her nerf, i really started to hate her because i THOUGHT that due to popular belief she was not viable

i was wrong

ahri is very viable right now, same thing with leblanc. there's some sort of widespread belief that ahri is bad because you MUST hit her E; not true. she was nerfed, i agree, but not enough to where she isn't playable
Zilean:

Underpowered, or just underplayed?

Looking at his kit, I get that his early game is pretty shit. But most of his kit seems so damn useful. Permanently slowing/speeding up a target, a free HUGE revive. What's the story?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Zilean:

Underpowered, or just underplayed?

Looking at his kit, I get that his early game is pretty shit. But most of his kit seems so damn useful. Permanently slowing/speeding up a target, a free HUGE revive. What's the story?

no he actually has very strong laning phase if you dont die to ganks pre 6, main problem is ridiculous amount of mana expenditure, compared to him lulu(who, guess what, has almost identical tools in her kit) can be considered a manaless champion.
has a little bit lackluster mid game(mana and cooldowns) and a very good late game even despite a small shortage of damage
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
going to agree with leyz on this one

used to main ahri with numbers back in season 3 and we both had very high kda's and win-rates mainly because she was super strong at that point. after her nerf, i really started to hate her because i THOUGHT that due to popular belief she was not viable

i was wrong

ahri is very viable right now, same thing with leblanc. there's some sort of widespread belief that ahri is bad because you MUST hit her E; not true. she was nerfed, i agree, but not enough to where she isn't playable

Her actual damage output was nerfed heavily without her landing her e. She doesn't hit pre-nerf damage without landing it. Combined with two spells that are auto-target based on proximity to the champion, and you can have some pretty unreliable spell damage. LeBlanc is at least consistent where you either land it all or you don't.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Her actual damage output was nerfed heavily without her landing her e. She doesn't hit pre-nerf damage without landing it. Combined with two spells that are auto-target based on proximity to the champion, and you can have some pretty unreliable spell damage. LeBlanc is at least consistent where you either land it all or you don't.

yeah indeed she almost never is able to hit the pre-nerf amount of damage with her combos right now, and that's the whole point of the nerf, her pre-nerf damage was broken because it allowed you to literally 100-0 kill anything that is not a full tank, at any stage of the game(including in lane the moment you hit 6), but if you think leblanc has more reliable damage think of these:

- leblanc only has 2 dashes both of which take up 1 spell out of your combo and deal damage ONLY if you use them on top of enemies
- leblanc's e doesn't go through anything and will hit things like enemy front line and creep much unlike all of ahri's abilities except her e
- leblanc's q AND e require more than just using the spell and hitting it in order to deal the full damage, in one case you're required to follow it up with another ability, in the other spend 1.5 seconds more around the enemy which is never too safe and not always so easy for you if the enemy is not a potato

in terms of damage leblanc might have a tiny bit of an advantage in straight up numbers(base values, ratios and cooldowns), but she does not have any of the: triple dash on one ability, true damage aspect to one of the spells, percentage increase of magic damage on landed cc ability
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
yeah indeed she almost never is able to hit the pre-nerf amount of damage with her combos right now, and that's the whole point of the nerf, her pre-nerf damage was broken because it allowed you to literally 100-0 kill anything that is not a full tank, at any stage of the game(including in lane the moment you hit 6), but if you think leblanc has more reliable damage think of these:

- leblanc only has 2 dashes both of which take up 1 spell out of your combo and deal damage ONLY if you use them on top of enemies
- leblanc's e doesn't go through anything and will hit things like enemy front line and creep much unlike all of ahri's abilities except her e
- leblanc's q AND e require more than just using the spell and hitting it in order to deal the full damage, in one case you're required to follow it up with another ability, in the other spend 1.5 seconds more around the enemy which is never too safe and not always so easy for you if the enemy is not a potato

in terms of damage leblanc might have a tiny bit of an advantage in straight up numbers(base values, ratios and cooldowns), but she does not have any of the: triple dash on one ability, true damage aspect to one of the spells, percentage increase of magic damage on landed cc ability

Let's face it though, in the majority of cases Ahri is going to be using one of those dashes to go backwards. LeBlanc's dash has a built in back dash, so she could be considered to have 4 dashes. They're also faster, have less cd in between each dash, and hit more targets with it. Also, Ahri's W and R don't actually go through enemies in the sense that if something is closer to Ahri than the intended target, it will also hit that closer target. LeBlanc's Q and E provide more cc than Ahri's E ever will, and has more upfront damage with less setup conditions. Along with a better escape, the only way LeBlanc falls behind is wave clear and sustain, but good LeBlanc players have already determined how to work around these weaknesses.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
it's all true except the "more upfront damage with less setup conditions", leblanc has more numbers in her abilities(which is when you dont count ahri's percentage damage increase), but it all requires a hell ton of conditions to be met for every part of the spell to actually proc if all we are considering is a split second in and out assassination. also if we're talking about the speed of combo i can safely say ahri's abilities are much easier to use one right after another in no time than any of leblanc's combinations are.

i'm not gonna argue with the fact that ahri has situational disadvantages, but same is true for leblanc, so it's absolutely not fair to claim ahri is straight up weaker than leblanc on the overall

one thing i can say is leblanc does have a better roam by a fair amount with blue buff considering the spammable w and this is something i'd expect to be nerfed in a certain way for leblanc, but that's about it on the direct advantages for her and there is barely a way i'd ever consider this in soloq because no one is going to take an advantage of this in ranked.
ELO hell doesn't exist Yo'! Your boy hax made it to silver in however short time it's been. Woohoo!!

Yeeebuddy!

Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!