Toribash
Hi, I'm Fr0stycube!
I'm fourteen and live in the US. I've been playing Toribash for around 3 years now, and I've tried many different things like parkour, spar, and mas. I began parkouring and doing spars back in 2016, and began MAS just last year. I have a lot to say, so I'm going to split everything up into sections so it's a little easier to read.

Why I want to join the clan:
The reason why I'm joining Vector is because Karbn convinced my to do so. For a long time, I've been in a really dead clan, and only recently have I decided to leave it. I want to join an active clan with members I can learn from. Karbn recommending me to join the clan gave me sort of an inspiration to actually learn more about Toribash, and find a certain style to parkour/spar that suits me. Karbn found his style of parkour in this clan from help with his clan mates, and I hope for the same.

My backstory and how I met Karbn:
I've known Karbn for as long as I can remember. Karbn and I met in a clan called "Mystic" back when he was a brown belt and was known as "CokePoke". At the time, I've been sparring for a while and had a sense of how to move my tori and what not. Also then, Karbn wanted to begin sparring and parkouring. So from then on, I began showing him what I knew about sparring along with another clanmate called "KiwiZombie". The three of us began to teach each other different things, and started to branch off to what suited us best. For Karbn, it was parkour (I'm sure we all know that). For our friend, it was tricking... Then there was me. I didn't really know what suited me for a very long time. I saw Karbn excel a whole lot in parkour, and our friend in tricking. So instead of choosing sparring (which I actually sort of leaned towards to most), I went to both Karbn and Kiwi for some help in what they did best. Karbn taught me a bit of parkour (which was ironic since I sort of taught him how to parkour back then lol; he has a completely different style now though), and I learned a bit of tricking. Even after everything, I still didn't feel like I was hitting my fullest potential. So everyday, I would practice tricking and parkouring until finally giving up and taking a break from Toribash. A few month later, I come back and pick up MAS. I learned how to better control my Tori doing MAS, and I've applied that to my current sparring style. Karbn, the whole time, supporting me in game and in my life. So now... here I am!

What I like to do in Toribash:
I like doing mp and sp spars when I can. I mainly do single player spars because I'm still trying out new things. I also like doing competitive mods like Aikido and ABD. I mainly like playing mods that involve very precise movement because it's just fun to me. So things like spars, MAS, Parkour, etc. But I mainly just do Spars/MAS and a bit of parkour. (I'm bad at tricking)

A little more about me:
As I said before, I'm fourteen and live in the US. Outside of Toribash, I draw... a lot. I started taking art seriously a few months ago, and I am trying to get into a high school that revolves around art. I mainly draw cartoons because the anatomy is a easier and more forgiving (realism is too hard for me atm lol). I'm in my last year of elementary and will start my freshmen year in a few months. I'm in various clubs in my school, and each one is either linked to student council stuff or are just for fun. I'm taking algebra 1 this year so I don't have to do it freshmen year (because god knows I need some extra time to do last minute studies lol).

Some replays:
(some replays are me doing MAS, some are ukebashing, others are me trying out my new spar style, and some are just for fun; Edit:for one of the replays, I couldn't send the mod since the max is 10 files... but it shouldn't affect the replay too much)
Attached Files
Intoxicated.rpl (191.5 KB, 11 views)
R A D A R.rpl (605.9 KB, 9 views)
L I C K.rpl (1.08 MB, 7 views)
Dine.rpl (628.7 KB, 8 views)
[MAS] Burgers.rpl (831.9 KB, 9 views)
[Mas] Collar Stay Poppin.rpl (509.7 KB, 7 views)
[Spar] Bell.rpl (596.4 KB, 8 views)
ninja_warrior_parkour1.tbm (21.2 KB, 4 views)
tparkour_training_1.tbm (7.0 KB, 6 views)
¿?
Okay, let's do this

So, Fr0styCube, I'm going to be really honest to you. I have a good thing to say and a bad thing (not relating to my answer tho). I really liked you, your apply makes me want to have you in Vector with us, you really captivated me in your apply, I didn't like the "I'm applying because Karbn told me so" but no one here is like "man I would die for Vector", and I like your honesty. Anyways, after watching your replays I noticed you don't attend to Vector's expectations. Whether I like or not, Vector is mainly a clan for "best" players/editor/artists/etc and, personally, I don't think you fit in this category. We have been recruiting people with good potential, and only potential I could actually find was your MAS skills, which weren't quite convincing in my opinion.

I don't want to give you a no just yet so I have a task for you (actually take this as a favor for me, and consequently for you). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this but, before I give you my answer I want you to show me more (and better!) replays. Can do this by posting herelater or sending me via PM/Discord/whatever (you can find my info here) so I can rate your skills at the best ;)

Also, feel free to get along with us in our Chat so we all can get to know you better, and maybe convince us that you deserve to join us
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First off, glad to finally see you apply old friend

I want to clear some things up.now, i never forced frosty to apply, and he's not saying he's only applying because i told him to. i suggested he apply to vector because i know him and think he'd be a good fit into vector. that being said, I’ve wanted to see frosty apply for longer than I can remember, for one right off the bat reason: he achieved near perfect control of his tori in mas in about 4 months. Not only that, but this guy was literally my teacher when I started. He showed me the basics of running, showed me the intro to sparring, and gave me a solid base to work off of, unlike many of the teachers that I see today.

Although I don’t think frosty is the best in parkour or sparring anymore, I believe that frosty has a very creative style in his replays, and I hope he showed his entry to the dashsora event! Frosty did some things that I wished I had thought of to add in.

From what I remember, frosty had some of the best control in the mas ring about a year ago when I watched him. His hits weren’t great, but he prides himself in fantastic balance. I remember taking a go at him and physically trying to knock him down with some of the hardest punches and kicks I’ve ever thrown. I could not.

I haven’t watched any of your replays just yet, so let me get on my computer and watch them. I can’t wait to see what you’ve submitted!
Last edited by Karbn; Feb 5, 2018 at 02:13 AM.
I didn't submit my parkour replay from the event because I lost the file lmao, it's probably somewhere in the forums though!
¿?
ah damn! it was really sweet.
okay so after watching every replay, i'm presently surprised. your skill in parkour has improved and i can easily see you matching one of us soon if you stick with it. your mas has degraded a bit, you lazy bum! i still see your skill in burgers though, you've still got it. now get the rest back!

your spar is subpar, not going to lie. you used to be much better and i think substituting mas for spar has really taken it's toll on you.

i've mentioned what i've thought of your replays on discord, you know what you need to improve. i'm saying yes. good luck my friend
sidenote that I noticed this balance thingy

even in his madman replay his body was static while in mid air so I can believe that pretty easily. Also I would like to spar/mas with you at anytime so I can taste your skills by myself
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll be posting some more replays here this week, probably one of mas and one of parkour. Hope you watch those one they are out
¿?
Ok, I read all of this earlier but I was on my phone so there was no point on replying with nothing to say.

Frosty, your app is well written, you're explained most of the stuff a normal app would do.

Game-wise, I'm really happy to see two old friends go back to a clan together (you and Karbn ofcourse), parkour-wise, I believe you understand the fundamentals of parkour, but you can't execute them as others would, you probably know the use of every joint, but looking back at your replays, you don't seem to take use of all of them, your MAS moves are very nice, now I understand the whole balance thing Karbn was talking about, and just from watching your 2 MAS replays, I have a strong urge to play competitive MAS matches, your sparring is your MAS style with a touch, you don't do flashy flips :^(, I feel like you could try taking more risks and making the replay entertaining to watch, you seem to rather play it safe and not take as much risks.

Talking about parkour again, your moves are nice, but as I said before, you don't use every joint and end up doing flips instead of keep running after landing a jump, you taught Karbn the basics of parkour back then, now Karbn can help you find your true style (other clan members too). You probably know lots of parkour tricks, but you can't use them because you don't know how to.

As Lionet said;
Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
Vector is mainly a clan for "best" players/editor/artists/etc

I dont really agree with this because back when I applied, I was really bad, and probably lucky that somehow all of you accepted me, the players who have been applying after me have had better styles than I did, so for me, I give you a YES.

Be sure to get along with me in #Wibbles or I'll dislike you.
jk
:^]
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
Um Mamute pequenino queria voar