Toribash
I've been moderator of the board for a while haha, I could just do that.

I'd rather not though, since I want people to actually put effort into applying and if they can't find it out then I don't really need them to join, thanks anyway though.
I'm going to get this game this weekend, I have 2 questions.
1. What's the point of this game?
2. Do I have to pay for anything other than the account? Like making a server or something?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by SoBscout View Post
2. Do I have to pay for anything other than the account? Like making a server or something?

1) The game is a Sandbox game. Therefore the point of the game is whatever you want it to be. Most people use it for more creative things such as making huge structures or hoarding rare materials to give their buildings more flair. Overall it's rewarding to make something out of the materials you put so much effort into gaining.

2) You have to pay for a decent internet plan if you're going to be hosting a server, and probably a really good pc for that too. Other than that, no (sans internet bill).

There isnt a point, you do whatever you feel like, wherever it be making a epic castle, going to survive purely on bacon without shelter, explore caves and find loot in dungeons, explore/fight/build with your friends, the possiblities are endless espcially with mods, want a gun? with a mod you can, although these take out the fun of Survival Mode so never use them in a normal game, only when you want to mess around, unless you want to change the way the game is played of course then that just lets you customize your expirence
I prefer to get materials, build a hut then go exploring, I have built towns, roads and I hope oneday notch introuduces horses and carriages/npcs so the towns have meanings, but thats nothing a mod couldnt fix, anyways to much babbling, ask some people here for photos of there creations, im sure they will show you.

2. Nope, nothing else at all. I mean if you want to play online you need internet and you obviously have that, other than that nope. nothing. nada its all yours

Hope you have fun when you get it
Well yea, that's how I'm online right now. I mean do I have to pay to host a server?
I'm getting it around saturday, super stoked.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Well yea, that's how I'm online right now. I mean do I have to pay to host a server?
I'm getting it around saturday, super stoked.

Nope.
All you need to do is download the server file from the website and run it.
Oh, and also you need to get your head around port forwarding and whether you can afford the bandwidth.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Nope.
All you need to do is download the server file from the website and run it.
Oh, and also you need to get your head around port forwarding and whether you can afford the bandwidth.

unless your paying for unlimted internet, like u may pay for 20 mg and get only 15mg but its unlimited so you want get charged overusing it, basicly if u pay unlimited and its above 8 mgs I would say ur good.
-----
YAY for Automatic doors, get a pressure plate stick it next to it then make a glass wall and put a door on the other side for a automatic exit and entrance doorway
-----
Oh God... getting Diamond is impossible, I have gone 124 blocks deep, all i fin dis Lapis Lazuli!
Last edited by souldevilj; Apr 28, 2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump