Ranking
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post
It's for an assassin like build, thought it would be interesting to play.

My Special

S: [4]
P: [4]
E: [3]
C: [6]
I: [6]
A: [1]
L: [4]

Somebody didn't get the memo explaining agility and how it relates to sneaking.

To be honest, any score you want in Perception, put 1 less into it, and 1 less into whatever other stat you want. I won't say where, since I thought they were pretty easy to find, but there's a Perception Bobblehead and a You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L. book both pretty early in the game, which give you 1 point of Perception and stat of your choice, respectively.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Somebody didn't get the memo explaining agility and how it relates to sneaking.

To be honest, any score you want in Perception, put 1 less into it, and 1 less into whatever other stat you want. I won't say where, since I thought they were pretty easy to find, but there's a Perception Bobblehead and a You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L. book both pretty early in the game, which give you 1 point of Perception and stat of your choice, respectively.

Agility is pretty useless though, all I would need it for is longer sprint times.

Even if I put it at one, I can still collect the bobble head and use the book to get it to 3.
Agility is pretty useless though, all I would need it for is longer sprint times.

Even if I put it at one, I can still collect the bobble head and use the book to get it to 3.

isn't endurance what gives you more action points so you can sprint longer?
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by dank View Post
isn't endurance what gives you more action points so you can sprint longer?

yeah, pretty sure pidgenere hasn't payed much attention lol

in reference to charisma and int, i think they are both somewhat important stats. i can't speak much for int, but there are some useful perks in the tree (science is ok; gun nut, hacker, and medic are very useful but you can get all 3 with 4 int). charisma is my highest stat (8 at level 32) and i'll get it to 10 probably before i'm level 40. charisma directly effects the total number of settlers you can have in your sanctuary (10 + your charisma stat), not to mention the pretty great perks that come along with charisma (cap collector, lady killer, local leader, intimidation)
Last edited by Faint; Nov 14, 2015 at 10:06 PM.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
yeah, pretty sure pidgenere hasn't payed much attention lol

in reference to charisma and int, i think they are both somewhat important stats. i can't speak much for int, but there are some useful perks in the tree (science is ok; gun nut, hacker, and medic are very useful but you can get all 3 with 4 int). charisma is my highest stat (8 at level 32) and i'll get it to 10 probably before i'm level 40. charisma directly effects the total number of settlers you can have in your sanctuary (10 + your charisma stat), not to mention the pretty great perks that come along with charisma (cap collector, lady killer, local leader, intimidation)

Yeah, seems I got everything jumbled up. Misplaced my endurance and agility stats :v

Any how, anyone read the story of a fallout fan sending 2000 bottle caps the bethesda for a free copy of Fallout 4?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fal.../1100-6428452/
The intelligence stat is pretty necessary for any gun users. Since skills no longer make low-tier guns magically god-tier, crafting upgrades to your guns is pretty much necessary to keep them viable.

Charisma isn't necessary, but it's a very good supplemental stat. It's not like Strength or Intelligence, which are necessary stats for either Melee or Ranged characters, respectively, but it's definitely a solid secondary stat for the more utility/settlement players. Agility is for the sneaky peeps, Perception for the more shooty people, Luck for the trolls, Endurance for non-stealth melee.

Also, to anybody who has done this side quest:

human error (covenant)

Agility affects how much AP you have, Endurance affects how much AP sprinting takes... So you're all right (or wrong).

Has anyone made stores at their settlements yet? I know they generate caps, but I'm wondering whether they give you enough to make them worth it. Right now for caps I'm selling my hundreds of excess muttfruit and tatos (worth about 4/5 caps each with my Cha) leftover from my vegetable starch farming. I'm thinking about building a shitload more water purifiers and selling excess purified water as well (worth 11 caps rn). What are you guys doing to get caps (and don't say infinite money glitch).
Last edited by Ele; Nov 15, 2015 at 03:09 AM.
I haven't gone out of my way to make caps. Since I haven't actually entered Diamond City yet, caps have basically been useless to me except for this one trader I found who's selling like 8 legendary armor pieces. I want the one he has that gives me + to PER and AGI, but it costs like 18000 caps and I'm only at 7000-8000 or something.

Though if push came to shove, I could just sell the pile of missile launchers, fat mans, spare Power Armor parts, and legendary loot that I'm hoarding at Sanctuary. Or the mountains of drugs, booze, and explosives that I stashed away as well.

But if I had to say, if you have a settlement that you don't particularly need right now, get like 1 settler to move in there and leave it under-defended, then just respond to their distress when they get raided. I got like half of my missile launchers from just one raid. Seriously, they sent like 8 raiders, 4 of them wielding missile launchers, and attacked a settlement with 2 people and the bare minimums for their sustenance. They had worse aim than stormtroopers cause I just bunnyhopped so all their shots went aerial, but still. Free launchers.
i'm using a bolt action pistol for long range sniping with my vats
it instakills most enemies but i can't seem to find any bullets :v
dreamy suicide act