Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Facts:

Modern music has terrible composition, due to lack of variation, repetition, and it doesn't conform to music theory.

Conforming in the music world? How do you think different genres of music are made? All forms of music must be acknowledged.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
Conforming in the music world? How do you think different genres of music are made? All forms of music must be acknowledged.

Acknowledging music isn't something I find difficult. Nor is innovation. But when steps are taken Backwards in the development of music, then things become difficult for me to understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_theory

Everything mentioned there, music uses.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Acknowledging music isn't something I find difficult. Nor is innovation. But when steps are taken Backwards in the development of music, then things become difficult for me to understand.

Music is not being taken backwards. Maybe they should look past the music theory crap. A lot of newer artist use technology to improve their sound and what not. Dubstep is a form of music. Dubstep is created using variations of tweaked instruments.
A hasbeen like the rest
Music is not being taken backwards.

Music itself is not being taken backwards, but the ones who are "creating" it certainly are. I estimate that the average IQ of a pop music artist is less than the US average.
Maybe they should look past the music theory crap.

Music theory is the only thing that keeps music music. Without Music theory, the sound of a car engine turning over can be considered music. It obviously is not.
A lot of newer artist use technology to improve their sound and what not. Dubstep is a form of music. Dubstep is created using variations of tweaked instruments.

Most of the good dubstep songs will at least have orchestral bits in the beginning and as reliefs throughout the song, thus conforming to music theory. The problem with pop songs is that they lack innovation at all. Even now, I'm being forced to listen to pop songs and literally every single one of them for the last half hour has been in the same key and are talking about the same basic thing. the golden age of music (1960s-1980s) was the golden age because there were so many different styles going on at the exact same time, and pretty much any type of person could take their pick and find a genre that they liked. Not so with this generation of music. You can either listen to pop, country, or 90's rock.
Of course, you can go back in time and listen to the good music of the 70's and 80's, but that isn't relevant to today's pop music.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
Music itself is not being taken backwards, but the ones who are "creating" it certainly are. I estimate that the average IQ of a pop music artist is less than the US average.

Music theory is the only thing that keeps music music. Without Music theory, the sound of a car engine turning over can be considered music. It obviously is not.

Most of the good dubstep songs will at least have orchestral bits in the beginning and as reliefs throughout the song, thus conforming to music theory. The problem with pop songs is that they lack innovation at all. Even now, I'm being forced to listen to pop songs and literally every single one of them for the last half hour has been in the same key and are talking about the same basic thing. the golden age of music (1960s-1980s) was the golden age because there were so many different styles going on at the exact same time, and pretty much any type of person could take their pick and find a genre that they liked. Not so with this generation of music. You can either listen to pop, country, or 90's rock.
Of course, you can go back in time and listen to the good music of the 70's and 80's, but that isn't relevant to today's pop music.

Also would like to point out my argument was initially based more towards the Pop and Rap music scene. Country is the same way nowadays, It's actually more like pop music with a southern accent. There is some music in the 90s- 2000s rock scene that Is good music, but not much deviation and variation. The same goes for pop and rap, I can find a few good songs here and there, but most of it is just plain shit. And nobody does anything else.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
This is much like the 60's and 70's. Back when rock came out, it was a huge phenomenon in the younger generations, and the older crowd believed it to be sacrilegious. Much like rap is today(Scaled down). You see a lot of the older crowd talking bad about rap the same way their parents talked down rock when it first came out. In the end, music is all a mater of personal opinion.
A hasbeen like the rest
The difference between the two eras of music is that during the older period, a majority of the songs called for reform and pointed out flaws in the world. Today's music is literally "fuck bitches get money". No deep, hidden meaning there. No sign of intelligence at all.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Music is an art. It is a way for artist to express themselves. Or you can look at some newer genres where it is meant to "pump" people up. Either way music is meant to move people. I understand the rap music is absolute shit, but I would be a hypocrite if I said that there was not form of music involved. By saying something is not music because it does not conform to music theory is absolute crap. Music is what you make it.

Think back to when people first started to make music. No one had any set guidelines that said whether what they were doing was music or not. Music goes beyond a definition.
A hasbeen like the rest
When does something stop being an art and start being just a pile of noise?

Originally Posted by Toolfree
If we are to generalize, at what point do we stop?