Ranking
LIST OF RECRUITERS
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
It does not, they rather wonder why they're not getting any response, since it could be anything from laziness to exactly what you said. Don't count on people being able to realize exactly why they're not getting any response, because it's really quite frustrating to not know such things.

In other words, please don't ignore people just because their app's are terrible. Tell them no, then they can decide whether to be pissy or to try harder. If you don't tell them anything, they're stuck waiting for an answer that won't come. That's not very nice, is it?

This, my latest app was ignored after consideration, I probably wouldn't know if iFred hadn't told me

Don't leave apps ignored ever, it's not that hard to download 3 replays and type no [insert problems]
You'll love it for the first few months, but when the same people you said no to repost an app the day after it gets really frustrating

Also when you do review apps, there are like 5 or 7 that needs to be done. There have been times where people come in groups of 4 or 5 in a day's notice and you can't really just do one, makes you look like an asshat.

its not just one that we review, at many times it is grouplets of applicants that are so eager they post replays when they haven't even improved, or just want free cnc. This in turn means not downloading 3 replays, but 6, 9, 12, etc., and having a good cnc for each and every replay.

It may not be the style of other recruiters but I feel that this is the best way, because you can specifically go to where the problem is and tell them how to do it in a better way, rather than vague generic responses like: "work on your hits, try again".

Unfortunately this takes time, and a lot of effort. Plus many of us just don't have the time for doing it all by ourselves which is why we have all the recruiters here helping each other out and try to ease the workload on our buds.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
would you be alright if I just be like Nightin and just say no without explanation?

or was Nightin too rad and awesome

Yes, it would be alright if you recruited like Nightin.

This was his last post on the recruitment thread:
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
BloodSimple:

system: Too twitchy, be more confident in your moves.
goal: Every time you take a step it looks like you'll fall over.
dablkor: Nice double core but still not enough flow but no twitches this time.

No.

Shuckle:

sk- oc29 dam bro you scary: Cool flow and great, powerful hits.
sk- go towards the light: Boring beginning but I like how you smash the torso at the end.
sk- derp: Slow beginning and kick, nice job getting the crotchblock though. Held grab too much and it was slow again.

No for now.

Kaszanas:

Kaszanas - Evil Board: a bit too long for just one trick and a bit twitch towards the end but the actual trick was well done.
Kaszanas - Running out of Money: Strong, well placed hits but lacking inspiration, be more unpredictable with your moves.
Kaszanas - For An Angel: Nice opener but you lost the smoothness a bit right before the first hit, really great after wards though.

Undecided.

These are all of his other recruiting posts there:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...39#post3258439
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...postcount=1684

This is the worst post he did while recruiting, specifically the part about Mapkep:
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
Mapkep:
Nothing special.

No.

Rydu:
You can hit, but you don't have balance over your body, work on that.

No.

Yet at that time Pulse was active and covered that flaw on the same day:
Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
Mapkep:

Can't see anything special except for that boomhit in the third replay.
Your replays look always the same,
first a 2 dm hit and then keep on with a singledm madman.

No. You'd better wait a while before apply again.

One or two short sentences is still considerably better than not answering an app.
Obviously what Jingles mentioned describes a much much better method, but considering not everyone has that kind of time available consistently, then what I said previously applies.

To no one's surprise Nightin didn't make top notch recruiting, but what you said on that post was unjust to both him and specially towards Shook since he clearly always tries his best to be unbiased and nice even to people he doesn't know.

Oh well, this might be because it's 5:20 am and fortunately I completely missed the whole sarcasm there, or because understandably you're going through some rough times.
Anyway in this case I prefer to risk missing the ulterior motives of your post than to say nothing.

As for the other stuff going on:
-Hacks is right about it being preferable for new recruiters to take some time before they volunteer for the position. You can also start by writing full reviews on the Recruitment thread without being a recruiter, Complexity. If your opinion is pondered and matches the other recruiters' opinions most of the time, then you'll save them work and soon enough be invited to be an actual recruiter as well.
-Iirc Shook sometimes accepted the request of new-ish people to recruit (with or without different restrictions) because of the lack of recruiters, but that was up to him and there were some of us around to correct the mistakes they might have made. That's why we have the rule that if an app isn't good enough to be acceptable by all recruiters, then it isn't good enough to serve as a pass into ORMO.
Last edited by Oblivion; May 3, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Nah you're good.

Recruit as much as you'd like!
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
ALRIGHT M8'S I JUST WANNA PUT A PSA OUT HERE

IF YOU'RE ACCEPTING PEOPLE SAY IT CLEARLY, LIKE USE THE WORD "ACCEPTED" PLS

I KNOW ITS NOT A BIG DEAL TO YOU AND YOU'RE SUPER COOL BUT IT IS TO THEM

THANKS M8'S I'M NOT MAD JUST WANNA CLEAR SHIT UP
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~