Toribash
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Thanks, I already read most of the wiki regarding Adventurer Mode though.

Adventure mode is great, but executing simple tasks such as equipping a helmet or making a sharp rock is a bit too tedious.

Not sure why you would want to make a sharp rock when you can butcher things with basically any bladed weapon. As a throwing weapon? Throwing pretty much anything is effective once you've leveled it up a bit.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Not sure why you would want to make a sharp rock when you can butcher things with basically any bladed weapon. As a throwing weapon? Throwing pretty much anything is effective once you've leveled it up a bit.

You can't butcher corpses with hammers or maces so I need to make one for when I only have a blunt weapon. I didn't know about the throwing, though.
-----
So I killed those cats, walked on a bit and I found this party of elves, goblins, humans and dwarves. I killed all of them since they stormed me.
Because of the dodging I did, my speed went from ~1200 to 1890 in a few minutes.
Also, the second image shows two screens because I pastefailed in paint.

I destroyed the whole village and racked up about 70 kills in total.
Playing as a human/dwarf is a bit more fun, now I just run into the enemy and kill them all...
Last edited by Arglax; Apr 22, 2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It should also be noted that beaches are a great place to spend the night, because Bogeymen can't spawn on them for some reason. Various sea monsters may beach themselves trying to eat you in the night though, but they just air-drown themselves and provide you with lots of food.

Also, if you're at a loss for something to butcher corpses with, you can always use a bolt you've been struck with after you've pulled it out as they'll sit in the same hand as your weapon/shield without making you drop either. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but iirc I had an adventurer with a morningstar (mace class weapon) who could butcher with that. But I suppose that's because your average morningstar is bladed. The only weapon I've had so far that couldn't butcher is a hammer, and I never used hammermen ever again.

Oh, and if you haven't found out yet, bronze colossi don't need to eat, drink, or sleep, plus they don't feel any pain and have no vital organs so they're nigh invincible to everything but dragons (melting), magma, or a determined player-controlled adventurer. Not sure about clowns though, although I'd expect most of their attacks would glance away and their numbers will be for naught.
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Oh, and if you haven't found out yet, bronze colossi don't need to eat, drink, or sleep, plus they don't feel any pain and have no vital organs so they're nigh invincible to everything but dragons (melting), magma, or a determined player-controlled adventurer. Not sure about clowns though, although I'd expect most of their attacks would glance away and their numbers will be for naught.

Also, they can pick people up and throw them so hard that when they hit an obstacle they explode into little pieces.

Yeah, bronze colossi are the best.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
Also, they can pick people up and throw them so hard that when they hit an obstacle they explode into little pieces.

Yeah, bronze colossi are the best.

They're great, yes, but they take a large part of the challenge away.
I've played two colossi now but I always end up with both hands and feet destroyed so I can't walk or grab anything anymore.
Also, how to throw people? That seems fun.

Edit: I made an axedwarf and I reached the companion cap
Edit2: Funny, I 'met' an army of goblins and they killed all my men. I managed to escape and luckily there were some wolves in the way which fought some of the goblins.
Now I have my men back and I am a 'legend'.
Question: which is better, iron greataxe or steel axe + shield?
Last edited by Arglax; Apr 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
They're great, yes, but they take a large part of the challenge away.
I've played two colossi now but I always end up with both hands and feet destroyed so I can't walk or grab anything anymore.
Also, how to throw people? That seems fun.

Edit: I made an axedwarf and I reached the companion cap
Edit2: Funny, I 'met' an army of goblins and they killed all my men. I managed to escape and luckily there were some wolves in the way which fought some of the goblins.
Now I have my men back and I am a 'legend'.
Question: which is better, iron greataxe or steel axe + shield?

Steel all the way, since it'll basically make your enemies' armor redundant.

Throwing is done through the wrestling interface. Along with chokeholding them into unconsciousness, breaking every joint in their body, gouging their eyes out, pinching off pieces of their face, etcetera.

B&B&B&
Steel all the way, since it'll basically make your enemies' armor redundant.

Throwing is done through the wrestling interface. Along with chokeholding them into unconsciousness, breaking every joint in their body, gouging their eyes out, pinching off pieces of their face, etcetera.

I knew it'd be done through the wrestling interface, but how? Do I need to grab the enemy with both hands? Which body part do I need to grab? With which body part do I need to grab?

Also, sometimes, when you hit an enemy or 'wrestle' using your weapon, your weapon is stuck in their body/wound, effectively making it impossible to strike with this weapon. Is there any way to get the weapon out of the wound except for taking a step back?

Another question: can my own archers hit me/my men? Until now, I've only taken melee soldiers as companions, but I may take some archers/crossbowmen too if it's profitable.
I knew it'd be done through the wrestling interface, but how? Do I need to grab the enemy with both hands? Which body part do I need to grab? With which body part do I need to grab?
ANY LIMB. Doesn't matter which one you grab or grab with, you should have the option to throw them AS LONG AS they're standing upright. If you aren't a giant though, don't expect a lot to happen. However, grabbing people with an empty hand also lets you pinch and gouge, which is neat if you grab someones noggin and are feeling particularly sadistic. Grabbing someones equipped items with an empty hand also lets you take that thing with shift+I, which is neat if someone has a really dangerous weapon/hard helmet. Or if you're feeling particularly sadistic, since you can take someones pants off and beat him/her to death with them.

Also, sometimes, when you hit an enemy or 'wrestle' using your weapon, your weapon is stuck in their body/wound, effectively making it impossible to strike with this weapon. Is there any way to get the weapon out of the wound except for taking a step back?
Do an auto-attack (move to the enemys square), you'll twist your weapon around in the wound, causing bleeding and pain, and subsequently pull it out at the same time.

Another question: can my own archers hit me/my men? Until now, I've only taken melee soldiers as companions, but I may take some archers/crossbowmen too if it's profitable.
I doubt it, but i don't have much experience with ranged companions. They usually die very quickly for me.

Indeed.

Also, am i the only one who's super stoked for those minecarts? If at all possible, i am SO going to load them with bears and launch them at invaders. Beartillery, bitches. Otherwise i might just load them up with axe lords, that's just as effective (if they survive the crash landing).
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Indeed.

Also, am i the only one who's super stoked for those minecarts? If at all possible, i am SO going to load them with bears and launch them at invaders. Beartillery, bitches. Otherwise i might just load them up with axe lords, that's just as effective (if they survive the crash landing).

Reminds me of Kiershar's Space Program.
I just stored a chest with over 300 gold coins in a fortress I visit often. I hope it won't disappear :/
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Indeed.

So excited for minecarts. My first thought on seeing the info on 'em was "minecart artillery."

B&B&B&