Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
using windrun aggresively is dangerous. you have no escape then.
using forcestaff or blink is probably the better bet.

windrunner is all about positioning. but axe is a pretty good windrunner counter. cant evade spins or dunk and focus fire just procs more spins.

agreed. i played wr alot and blink benefits me more than aggressive windrun.

slahser build (aghs-daedalus rush) works really well on me, especially if you get some kills early on to boost your gold. you can pretty much kill any hero with a good shackleshot. sadly you don't have much use without your focus fire with this build, and you don't have any alternative escapes for much of the game.

i'd go back to dota but school takes up too much of my time
I have resorted to listening to my playlist of chocobo themes whenever I play dota. I haven't lost since.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
slahser build (aghs-daedalus rush) works really well on me, especially if you get some kills early on to boost your gold. you can pretty much kill any hero with a good shackleshot. sadly you don't have much use without your focus fire with this build, and you don't have any alternative escapes for much of the game.

this slasher guy just picks top build in dotobuf and claims it as his own lol.

Better to go maelstrom first if you need to carry, or mkb after aghs if you are ganking (or before aghs if you are stomping lol). Aghs daedalus is way too team dependant IMO.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Maelstrom is not ideal for windranger if is using focus fire often. It cannot proc during the animation of a previous proc, thus there are diminishing returns. Stacking strictly damage may not assist a ton in team fights, but it definitely is more cost efficient.

I actually started building a shiva's guard on wr for team fights if my team has decided to pick strictly dueling heroes. Windrun lets shiva's cover a wide area if you need it to, and Windranger benefits from the intelligence and the armor. If I don't need any teamfight stuffs, I sometime build a dagon because I hate everyone.

Dagon is good on everything. Dagon is the real game winner. Praise Dagon.
praise team dagon
me and my friends have won uncountable games with team dagon lineup. just pick at least 3 burst heroes and 1 or 2 AoE/carry/anything that isn't burst. give them a dagon and ez. our team mmr is around 4.5k. not that much, but we're not in for the esports anyway.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
Maelstrom is not ideal for windranger if is using focus fire often. It cannot proc during the animation of a previous proc, thus there are diminishing returns. Stacking strictly damage may not assist a ton in team fights, but it definitely is more cost efficient.

No, not true, that was fixed in 6.81, 9 months ago... But even before that it was a great item because it's cheap, speeds up farming a lot, and gives aoe damage.

Maelstrom wins fights and farms like crazy.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post

I actually started building a shiva's guard on wr for team fights if my team has decided to pick strictly dueling heroes. Windrun lets shiva's cover a wide area if you need it to, and Windranger benefits from the intelligence and the armor. If I don't need any teamfight stuffs, I sometime build a dagon because I hate everyone.

if we're talking about diminishing returns, we could debate about the need to build armour when you have built in evasion?
maelstrom is a farming item, so its teamfight applications are irrelevant.
when it comes to focus fire, sure, it cannot proc while the first is still bouncing, but there is some benefit to having constant lighting during a fight.
although with how fast WR melts targets, you're not likely to get more than 3 procs off in a single ulti, probably better off being active on the map instead of farming and building into an MKB for the minibash procs.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Actually m8 the maelstrom bug was fixed in Janurary this year so it now procs while still bouncing.

Btw don't hp, armor, and evasion stack linearly anyway? hp*(1+armour*.06)*(1/(hit chance))
There are no diminishing returns in regards to armor vs evasion.
Armor is never bad to build. It provides better ehp against melee heroes, which is great when your windrun in down and you've been caught out. Definitely not even close to a mandatory thing for WR, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

I seem to have neglected the use of maelstrom outside of fights, because I'm a big noob that doesn't farm at all after 20 minutes. Either way, if it gives procs while the animation is still hopping now, maelstrom is probably quite a bit more viable than daed in both team fights and farming. If not, eh, still good for farming.
Maelstrom is <3k tho, you will definitely get it before 20 minutes............... I mean radiance timing on farm heroes is like 15 minutes, so I think you can manage 3k in 10 lol.