Toribash
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Absolutely nothing would happen Brody...:| .. The weight of everybody in the world, even if gathered all in one spot, would be insignificant for the planet from one jump or .. however many...
Originally Posted by Timeenator View Post
Also, I have two questions regarding the "Roster" part of the first post.

Why isn't my name anywhere there? I've checked through all of the ranks, and still my name appears to be missing.

Also, what happened to the "Warrior" rank? All of the members that were previously "Warriors" are now "Sages".

It might have been changed accidentally while editing, since it's all in BB code. I'll fix it now.
-----
Originally Posted by TheMpk View Post
We are not born with greed and hate, we adopt those characteristics along the way as we see them in society.

Semantic ambiguity aside, that is part of my existential fear.
Last edited by Wight; May 1, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
No one on oblivion server. D: oh well I guess I'll just have to win TC in the twinswords.
"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon." -Jon Osterman
Well guys Star Test is next week and im not the least bit nervous wich scares me because i have a habit of being nervous. Maybe it's because i'm confident, maybe it's because im one of the top students. Still i wonder why im not nervous.
Daemon of the clan Oblivion.
Brody, if all humans gathered in one place and jumped, it would move the earth about 2% of a millimeter (I think) and then move right back to where it was in orbit.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
@Mpk: I'll kindly still stick to my contention about the reality of human nature, because it's an argument that has helped me win countless debate tournaments.

However, your rebuttal and counter-argument really shook me, in the most positive way possible. Even though I don't completely agree with you, I am willing to concede that you have an absolutely good and well thought out point.

I'd like to thank you actually bro, for giving a solid contention to my human nature argument. You see, other debating institutions here are starting to use my human nature argument as a quasi-"god" argument, whipping it out to justify everything. What's worse is that adjudicators buy it. I've been working hard to find a contention that is both logical and destructive. Your contention might be exactly what I need. For that, thank you very very very much bro.

As my debating mentors always say, "There are always two sides to every coin". Our discussions here are pretty much testaments to that saying.
fl0w
For the sake of improving upon the argument further, I'll rebut:
No, no... Man by nature is an animal, that doesn't mean he's predisposed to violence or greed... Animals have no rational thoughts about that...

Animals are, however, driven by instinct to be competitive. It is this competitive nature which leads to violence and greed.

Greed and Violence over wars and resources is only another form in which scarcity works it's way into the "SOCIETY"!!!

I said this in one of my previous comments, the human brain has no ability to tell relevant from irrelevant, which is why the brain will find violence and greed relevant, and therefore apply them, only when the brain was tempered in such environment from an early age, very early age... Humans did not develop bigger, more powerful brains over greed and war, they developed it over power of knowledge and control of the environment and most of all survival, cause let's be honest, if we were to be left alone with no technology what-so-ever on this planet at this time, or any time for that matter, we would have a hard time surviving.

We are not born with greed and hate, we adopt those characteristics along the way as we see them in society.

While this is interesting, it is not entirely consistent with your claim. Humans, while not being born with qualities such as greed, inclination towards violence, or hate, tend to adopt these qualities early on, in a variety of circumstances. Even in modern society, where tolerance and selflessness are emphasized, greed and violence are still more prominent in the public consciousness. While it can be argued that this is so only because we as a society make it so, that itself suggests that human nature does exist; we are naturally more interested in knowing about, and displaying behaviours of, greed and violence, rather than adopting more "positive" qualities. Additionally, this inclination appears to be exclusively human, as other animals cannot reason, and thus it can be said that unlike humans, their actions are not motivated by malice. It is because humans are able to reason, that we are able to say that humans are capable of being "evil", and this trait is what I refer to as being a part of "human nature".
someone please watch this brutal headkick in wushu, and no, it is not setup. lol
-----
OOPS dont watch that one thats not right! and i dont know how to save replays to my computer..... so nevermind!
Attached Files
Brutal Headkick.rpl (49.5 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by BrodyxSTL; May 2, 2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
My doctor told i wouldnt spit up blood if i didnt drink nothing but mouthwash.
Umm....Is it ok for me to tell someone who barely speaks english to apply
-----------
Their native language is spanish, they seem to be able to use a translator, even if its a bit hard to understand.
Also do i need a mic for skype
Last edited by sabreon; May 2, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
(Corey Taylor- when asked what he would change about the music industry) "I'd make a wish, click my heels three times, and give it a soul."