Endurance Onslaught 6.0
View Poll Results: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
A
0 Votes / 0%
B
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Due to ongoing competition with flex, i have donated another 100tc to the clan bank. I'm in the lead. Your move, flex.
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Due to my incredible dedication to the clan, I stayed up to another 3 AM to set up the oblv room again for the 8th time today after my internet does its normal 3 AM hiccup, even after a few anomalies and a toribash server restart earlier.
Then I entered the game with the first participant so that he wouldn't leave before the next guy came, thus netting another night of activity and another night of popularity acceleration for the clan.

Your move, Zan/Flex/Audio.

P.S. Megapost coming tomorrow with replays, screenshots, etc. Will be properly spoiler tagged to avoid a large space taken up. I haven't been posting on the forums much cause the server work kinda wears me out of toribash if you understand :/.
Originally Posted by de4th View Post
what I fear most is human nature.

In this case De4th my good friend you can rest assured, human nature doesn't exactly exist, there's only human behavior. I might take another time to explain this thoroughly. But try to keep that in mind please

Also, yes to hang and diction... I played with them, actually most of us had, they were on with us on the last night's [Oblv] party.
Alright guys, I want to restart our evolution debate. Are we the aliens? I don't think so for many reasons previously stated, however I would like to put forward an argument that is supported by the one and only Dave Attenborough.

It seems alot more plausible to me than the alien theory. The only issue I have with the debate is our species relative incompetence in water, which surely wouldn't completely disappear over time, and the lack of vestigial apparatus that would allow these apes to survive in a marine environment. The only exception to this is the small number of humans born with webbed hands or feet, however this is more of a reptilian/amphibian/avian trait. What is your opinion on this?
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
@Mpk: I hope this doesn't get "violent" (lol), but I'd like to present a contention for your argument that human nature doesn't exist and that only human behaviour does. I do believe that human nature, in fact, exists and has been and will always be a vibrant influence as to how human history has been and will be shaped. I say this because there are aspects of being "human" that can never be reconciled from the holistic human person.
Examples include:
- Man, by nature, is violent
(which is why man is always at war; however, the reason why man also resolves after war is because human nature also contains checks and balances that ensure that man's violence doesn't overpower the other aspects of man's nature)
- Man, by nature, is greedy
(which is why man always prioritizes the forwarding of his own self-vested interests; many historical events that involve greed, and violence as well, will attest to this)
-----
Also, I have two questions regarding the "Roster" part of the first post.

Why isn't my name anywhere there? I've checked through all of the ranks, and still my name appears to be missing.

Also, what happened to the "Warrior" rank? All of the members that were previously "Warriors" are now "Sages".
Last edited by Trick; May 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
fl0w
No, no... Man by nature is an animal, that doesn't mean he's predisposed to violence or greed... Animals have no rational thoughts about that...

Greed and Violence over wars and resources is only another form in which scarcity works it's way into the "SOCIETY"!!!

I said this in one of my previous comments, the human brain has no ability to tell relevant from irrelevant, which is why the brain will find violence and greed relevant, and therefore apply them, only when the brain was tempered in such environment from an early age, very early age... Humans did not develop bigger, more powerful brains over greed and war, they developed it over power of knowledge and control of the environment and most of all survival, cause let's be honest, if we were to be left alone with no technology what-so-ever on this planet at this time, or any time for that matter, we would have a hard time surviving.

We are not born with greed and hate, we adopt those characteristics along the way as we see them in society.

For example, if you were born in Germany somewhere before Hitler and you would grow up while the Nazi system was up and running, you would have a higher chance of becoming a Nazi yourself than a Liberal or Democrat... Cause that's the influence the environment has upon you in your early ages.

So in conclusion, no, human nature is only human behavior that has been adopted from others.
Last edited by TheMpk; May 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
http://roll20.net/

For your DnD game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Administrator of Oblivion. Former Administrator of RIP.
Blank Das Keyboard, Arch, J, Erlang, Haskell - You can always be better.
So how about this guys, what do you think would happen if everyone in the world, all at the same time, jumped and landed, all at the EXACT same time. Give your opinion, no googling or youtubing the answer! thats cheating!
My doctor told i wouldnt spit up blood if i didnt drink nothing but mouthwash.