Toribash
I can play the Gm scale , also the normal G scale , it's different yeh .But i play alot of scales , scale from A to G , chromatic scale and pentatonic scale , with the pentatonic scale i can make a nice blues solo if i want
I train a lot of improv, but i never really think in scales. I probably should.
Improv's a great way to learn though.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Lol and this isn't even theory.
I really suck at theory though. You're lucky since you play the guitarr and know how everything sounds like, i gotta turn around chords and slowly figure out shit.
Worst is violin pieces tend to modulate a shit ton, but i imagine it's even worse in jazz

Starting composition next year, so not having theory sucks even more.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
It's two or more notes played at the same time.
You know, guitarr?

Chromatic is a scale using all black and white notes.
Pentatonic is a scale with 5 notes.
Basically, or holding down two notes at the piano, or in a choir, or in a brass band or whatever
2 notes is not calles a chord yet , it starts when you use 4 or more notes , thats how it is on the guitar and piano . Like , metal rhythm guitarist also play A,B,C,etc , but only with 6and 5 string or with 4 and 3 , they use minor chords to make it cool .

Also Lazors , it is theory , Why do i say A,B,c ,etc ?

C=do
D=re
E=mi
F=fa
G=sol
A=la
B=si

This are the basics my friend , if you don't know this you can't play . If somebody asks you to play the song in Do or in sol , you need to know those scales .