Toribash
@LT: Hmm. After I made friends with my introverted classmate I noticed that she already have her own impression of everyone in our class. She already took note of the people she doesn't want to be friends with even if she have not really known them (she might've been judgemental). So I suggest you try to be as friendly and harmless as possible. Make sure to respect their opinion and if ever you can't help but to correct his/her statement, try to say it as calm as possible and pick the right kind of words (nothing direct or indirectly offensive). If they get offended you'll notice because they might stay quiet or they will try their best to offend you (most of them are not very good at it though so they'll probably stay quiet.) after they do one of these they will avoid you. If you managed to stay friends with them for a days or weeks they will start getting comfortable with you.
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
Oh. If I could make friends with a very silent person, I would encourage them to be more outgoing with people who want to meet them. It would be really hard though, because they'll soon leave thinking that it's awkward.
私の顔にそれを言う。
Most silent people prefer doing things they want alone or with a close friend, encouraging them is like making an extrovert read books all day. You should know first if he/she is just shy or introverted.
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
Originally Posted by omegadark1 View Post
Oh. If I could make friends with a very silent person, I would encourage them to be more outgoing with people who want to meet them. It would be really hard though, because they'll soon leave thinking that it's awkward.

Trying to get an introvert to do something he/she usually isn't doing, won't end well. As example, I consider only a few people worth talking to and I'd definitely be annoyed if you try to get me to talk with someone outside of the "worth talking to"-group.

This is actually describing myself as well:

Originally Posted by Gotkicks2 View Post
I noticed that she already have her own impression of everyone in our class. She already took note of the people she doesn't want to be friends with even if she have not really known them (she might've been judgemental).

Also,
Originally Posted by Gotkicks2 View Post
So I suggest you try to be as friendly and harmless as possible. Make sure to respect their opinion and if ever you can't help but to correct his/her statement, try to say it as calm as possible and pick the right kind of words (nothing direct or indirectly offensive).

I'm quite sure that introverts notice if you are acting differently to how you are usually acting. And if that happens, the introverted person will start thinking about the reason why you try to be so friendly. I mean, you could try to befriend that person because you need that person for a certain "purpose"; as example, that person has a car and could take you to the trainstation etc.
(At least that's how I work)

Anyways, about
Originally Posted by lordtiger View Post
What do you think is the best way to gain introverted people's trust, and how would you go about it?

I think the best way to start, is to talk with them about what they are interested in. After that you can talk about a topic both of you are interested in, which should increase the persons trust in you, as you get to know each other, slowly. Basicly you have to give the introverted person the impression that they can talk with you about things (As example, I'm not talking to persons, when I'm sure that there's nothing I could talk about with that person). Also talking about why they prefer that way of live over another way is something you should avoid, since you'd be criticizing their way of live then and they'd have defend themselves (But since you are rather introverted as well, I don't think that would happen ). Once they start to feel comfortable around you, they usually are trusting you as well.

EVERYTHING ABOVE IS TOTALLY NOT WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO IS INTROVERTED HIMSELF

Back to lurking..reading EACH and EVERY FUCKING post in EACH and EVERY FUCKING thread.

Nigma laughs to himself.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
We're like so inactive it's not even funny. Last post in here was a week ago.

What're your thoughts on the most recent topic of Nelson Mandela and Paul Walker? I assume most of you have heard of their passing last week.

I'm still trying to get my head around Walker's accident, and the cause of it, and how they managed to be going at speeds of over 100mp/h in a zone that was half the speed of that. One of my close friends had told me that they had already finished filming Fast And Furious 7, but others said that the movie won't be progressing.

This might not be much of an interesting topic to some of you but it's the only thing on my mind at the moment, and I want to boost our activity a tad.
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
We're like so inactive it's not even funny. Last post in here was a week ago.

What're your thoughts on the most recent topic of Nelson Mandela and Paul Walker? I assume most of you have heard of their passing last week.

I'm still trying to get my head around Walker's accident, and the cause of it, and how they managed to be going at speeds of over 100mp/h in a zone that was half the speed of that. One of my close friends had told me that they had already finished filming Fast And Furious 7, but others said that the movie won't be progressing.

This might not be much of an interesting topic to some of you but it's the only thing on my mind at the moment, and I want to boost our activity a tad.

I'm still here, just lurking and playing Starbound most of the time

Anyways, to be honest, I don't care about Paul Walker, I didn't feel anything when I've heard that he died. And it is really annyoing to see Facebook and 9gag full of stuff about him. (It's not like I'm mad because no one mentions the driver guy, since I only care about people I'd consider as friends, and both of them weren't my friends.)